Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model

Has anyone bought new Honda in Rick Damelian recently?

Hi Guys,

Is anyone bought or paid deposit for a new honda @ rick damelian recently. I heard rick damelian is under receivership..

Its strange to see a largest dealer goes into receivership. When i bought my accord euro last year only rick can be able to give me best price in Sydney and the service was very good.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Is anyone bought or paid deposit for a new honda @ rick damelian recently. I heard rick damelian is under receivership..

Its strange to see a largest dealer goes into receivership. When i bought my accord euro last year only rick can be able to give me best price in Sydney and the service was very good.
    One of the few places uses decent oil for servicing... (semi-syn mobil instead of castrol gtx most dealers use)

But then again, the owner went to big too fast, got greedy.

PS: see his wife? talking about a trophy....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Don't know whats going to happen. Sadly may be no more Rick damelian?

I take my car for service to Trivett Parramatta anyway.

Someone told me everytime when you take your car for service to Rick, they give an expensive chocolate bar to the customer..

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    yup they give you like 4 nice chocolates with every service

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    I used to work for its competitor.

Honda was very popular in the past, Trivett was selling 100 Hondas a month. But other car makers have advanced in terms of new tech, new stuffs, new models, etc... eg: Volkswagen; and they sell lot more cars and keep growing.

I think these days people prefer more excitements than simple old reliable stuffs.

Most of those cars in the showroom floor and stock yard were on finance. It was something like $70m of loan, so the monthly interest was not small. Obviously this and other expenses have outgrown the profits...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    He had a restaurant under the dealership at one point... I mean srsly....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    PS: see his wife? talking about a trophy....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    I bought mine @ rick, however i take it for service to Trivett classic @ parrmatta. I like their service too and free coffee. You can see from upstair when your car is being serviced.

What is the main reason people still buy from Larke hoskins even their service attitute is not good....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 EURO LUX
    Hi Guys

yes i got my CU2 from Rick damelian last yesr and also have got may car serviced by them, im in a pickle to where to get the car serviced now? as i know that the guys did a good job.

but i only went back for the chocolates

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCU2 View Post
    Hi Guys

yes i got my CU2 from Rick damelian last yesr and also have got may car serviced by them, im in a pickle to where to get the car serviced now? as i know that the guys did a good job.

but i only went back for the chocolates
    Top One!

http://toponeauto.com.au/

but no chocolate...

bought my CU2 from Rick but never took it to them for service as the buying experience was just unpleasant! they were going to charge $300 for 10k service.. probably made of oil $40, filter $20, free coffee $20, free chocolates $20 and the rest is apprentice's labour fees.
    Last edited by natnat; 07-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    What is the main reason people still buy from Larke hoskins even their service attitute is not good....
    cheaper prices? a lot of chinese buy from them i think.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 EURO LUX
    "People who know Mr Damelian well said yesterday it had also been the collapse of sales by Honda in Australia in the past four years that had triggered the receivership"