Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    isnt there like 20% off at repco for car club members (roadside assist and the like)?

surely would be cheaper than buying from the above site.
    Wasn't aware. But Nulon FS at SCA is $68/4L so it's more than 30% cheaper to buy online excluding postage.

Besides I have no car club membership.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Has anyone else had a problem with leaking Magnefine filters? I got a proper one (not Raybestos), the hose clamps are tighter than a drum yet it's still leaking somehow. It's on the right way too (arrows pointing towards the rear).

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    maybe you put the clamp on so tight you bent the casing causing the leak?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just out of interest Freddy, what MTF would you recommend? I'm stuck between Redline MTF ML85, Royal Purple Syncromax and Amsoil MTF (I think both are 75w85/90 where as OEM is 75w80?)

Edit: Here's a VOA, if you can understand it
    http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1647529
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 28-02-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I do that've any view on MTF actually, but m always: if in doubt, synthetic
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I do that've any view on MTF actually, but m always: if in doubt, synthetic
    I take that as "I don't have any view on MTF actually, but if always in doubt, go synthetic" ?

I guess either would. The only question is where to get. Amazon shipping works out $100 per quart......

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yep, if in doubt, synthetic.

And try this place, local
    http://www.performancelub.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6 Lux

V6 5AT Pressure switches.

Please ignore this post if 5AT Pressure switches have already been discussed elsewhere. However a few other flaws are also highlighted.

NOTE this is for the V6 and not applicable to 4cyl 5AT as that transmission is internally different in a number of ways including valve body design, clutch overlap timing and shift logic.

For anyone running a 2003 to 2006 5AT, it is imperative that you change 3rd and 4th gear "pressure switch's" every 3 to 5 years. These switches have been confirmed as a major causes in the many conditions and design flaws that cause 3rd gear clutch packs to fail in the 5AT. It is also imperative that the trans filter is changed every 30,000 Km due to cooler circuit design flaws (fluid flow) that can lead to Torque convertor overheating. A valve body and TCU flaw with forced 4th to 2nd downshifts was reported years ago and can cause excessive 3rd gear clutch pack drag and accelerated wear, magnified greatly if easing up on the throttle as a change to 2nd happens.

This information is meant to make you aware of things not to do and not to scare anyone who drives a 5AT - just make it last by avoiding the pitfalls. There is no reason these transmissions can't go the distance if serviced correctly (not by the book or dealer schedule) and driven correctly.

Information is based on the Accord V6 5AT, however this transmission is used across a number of vehicles in the Honda range, including paddle shift models.

LINK - 5 Speed Automatic Transmission

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    I've got a 2005 Euro auto with only 108,000 Kms on the clock. Yesterday on my way to work I noticed that the car won't change into 5th gear it was just holding forth gear. I changed my ATF only 3 months ago so I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with that. On the way home the car started to shift into 5th again, but I felt as it was still holding onto gears for too long. Anyone have any idea what maybe the issue or experienced something similar?

Castrol transmax is now added on castrol website ok to use in cu2, also it is on their bottle as well.
    Valvoline vs castrol?
    Castrol has higher flash temp tho?
    Comments

Noooooo .... my 2006 Euro's (250k's) auto just started whining last week.

I did a tranny gear oil change (Honda dealer) when I bought it at $75k's. Don't think ATF change is any service since (I could be wronge ?)

The vehicle does mainly highway miles.

Any comments guys ? Too late for a ATF change to make a difference ?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by smclaren; 01-10-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Its probably too late to save it
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum