Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    any idea where i can source them? are they picking up much each service?

To be clear, i dont do a full flush every year (i.e fill 3 times and drain) I just drain as much as i can and replace that yearly
    http://www.tegiwaimports.com/

They pick up a little bit
    But if there's alot on the plug i'd be worried / or its getting to the plug before it goes through the filter
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    They won't leak when they are new. But over time, that nylon seal will only need to get a "groove" from a foreign particle, such as a small shaving of metal etc, and it will. In my previous line of work ( I am now retired) I dealt with this type of valve on a daily basis and eventually they all leaked.
    But that could be after 5 or 6 years, or even 8 -10, but also conversely after 6-12 months. In 98% of cases, it was damage from foreign material that caused the leak.

My Amsoil guy just dropped a box of 12 quarts of Amsoil ATF ATL - Low Viscosity ATF. Was disappointed how the Honda DW1 goes off so quickly.

Does anyone know if the Honda ECU learns how you drive and program the transmission accordingly, AKA like the Toyota ECUs?

Do I need to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATF.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	28378

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Does anyone know if the Honda ECU learns how you drive and program the transmission accordingly, AKA like the Toyota ECUs?

Do I need to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATF.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	28378
    nice, how much did it cost you?

I dont think the Honda system has this, my mother borrowed my car for a month while I was overseas and it drove the same when I got back...

The toyota system is a bit like a double edged knife... helpful if you consistantly drive the same but if your drive style varies/ someone else drives, it can feel like it's not sure what to do or react not as it should

Its cost $200.00 including delivery, so a little bit more than the Honda DW1.

Let us know how it goes. I been thinking going amsoil

Tried redline d4 now back to honda dw1
    CU2 Auto ECU Flashed Finally extra power

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I been thinking going amsoil

Tried redline d4 now back to honda dw1
    You're not meant to use d4 for cu2.

You should be using a thinner d6 or something
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I've been sitting in crappy Sydney traffic lately. 2 Weeks ago it took almost 2 hours to travel 20km. In this driving conditions I've notice with the tranny on Honda DW1 is that it would not respond as precisely and hunts and shifts are slightly harsher - you can feel the difference. This is with a tranny with 30k on the current DW1 oil change (I do a 3 x 3 dump and pump plus in line filter change every 30k). In flowing traffic the transmission shift like its suppose to be. Bumper to bumper traffic is killer on the trans fluid so I can only assume the DW1 is breaking down due to constant heat stress.
    Last edited by BigBen; 30-06-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    "Does anyone know if the Honda ECU learns how you drive and program the transmission accordingly, AKA like the Toyota ECUs?

Do I need to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery?"

My wife and I often drive ours on the same day ( I drive it and then come home and then she takes it out and goes elsewhere). We both have different driving styles and the car feels no different after each individual drivers outing. So I would say " NO" to that question.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I've been sitting in crappy Sydney traffic lately. 2 Weeks ago it took almost 2 hours to travel 20km. In this driving conditions I've notice with the tranny on Honda DW1 is that it would not respond as precisely and hunts and shifts are slightly harsher - you can feel the difference. This is with a tranny with 30k on the current DW1 oil change (I do a 3 x 3 dump and pump plus in line filter change every 30k). In flowing traffic the transmission shift like its suppose to be. Bumper to bumper traffic is killer on the trans fluid so I can only assume the DW1 is breaking down due to constant heat stress.
    Do you keep it in D4/D5 or sports mode in city traffice?
    If you never go over 40km an hour
    its best not to use 5th gear/over drive torque converter lock up
    Best to stay within gears 1-4

www.OzAccord.net/forum

I usually leave it in D. The ECU does not allow you to manually shift via the flappy pedals into 5th gear below 50-60km/h anyway. I'll put the Amsoil ATL this afternoon when I get home the old tranny oil should be nice and hot by then!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I usually leave it in D. The ECU does not allow you to manually shift via the flappy pedals into 5th gear below 50-60km/h anyway. I'll put the Amsoil ATL this afternoon when I get home the old tranny oil should be nice and hot by then!

Nahh what i'm saying is
    If you want your transmission to last longer
    Keep it out of D4/D5 in city traffic/or if you never go over 60kmh

www.OzAccord.net/forum