Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Mines cl9 as well, same git up as the 7th gen accord.

Did your mech do a flow test?
    No he didn't . I went back to the mech but they close today, so got some help from a very handy friend and we did a flow test.

The finding is your flow direction is correct. It is toward the cabin. He helped me to reversed it too. While we were on it we trim the tube about 2cm shorter to reduce kink and did the passenger side actuator swap.

I shouldn't have paid the mech so easily. Prolly from now I'm gonna learn to service my own car with this friend. He's a very good handy man

Btw I've got a magna fine filter and 2x passenger side actuator for sale I anyone needed. Just pm me you can have it cheap as I got it plus shipping or pick up
    Last edited by someon3; 28-04-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Can someone please tell me if the plastic splash guard underneath needs to be removed before draining the oil?

Yes needs to be removed

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Done one oil change so far and already the changes are smoother and the shuddering has stopped.
    I haven't fited the filter yet as i will wait until the last of the oil changes are done.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Updated section re: filter.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Updated re: alternative fluid choices.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Can't find topic via search function - link please Fredoops

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    Can't find topic via search function - link please Fredoops
    It's on the first page of this thread.
    Last edited by Rich; 07-06-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Thanks Fedoops
    I have to say I am now running a different oil to your recommendations and it is nice and smooth again.
    I went for the Valvaline Maxlife Dex/Merc full synthetic ATF - details are -

Recommended - Honda/Acura ATF-Z1 (except in CVTs) applications

Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt 6.11
    Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt 28.18
    Viscosity Index 173
    Specific Gravity @ 6 0°F 0.843
    Pour Point, °C,-51
    Brookfield Viscosity @-40°C, cP8400
    Flash Point, COC, °C 202
    ASTM Color 7

A Viscosity Index of 173 is excellent meaning this oil will be stable at very high temperatures.

And I just received my genuine Magnafine filter today so I will be doing another oil and filter change this weekend to finish off the job.
    Last edited by Snowcone; 07-06-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added more info

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Added Maxlife to fluid list

The is the specs for the Amsoil ATL which is a replacement for the ATF-DW1. I'm going to try it out once the warranty runs out in a couple of years. At the meantime its every 20k km tranny service for me.
    http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...mission-fluid/

Looks like Amsoil also make Amsoil ATF which is a replacement for the ATF-Z1
    http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...mission-fluid/

Not sure what the difference is apart from the ATL looks like its design for a thinner viscosity transmission fluid, whereby the ATF is design more for the Dextron 3 type tranny.
    Last edited by BigBen; 07-06-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Is it a problem mixing ATF fluids? Say I have DW1, is it fine to use Redline next time I change it over, considering it's still going to be ~1/4 (or whatever) DW1 left inside the trans. Silly question I know.