Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Tis quite a dirty filter - at least its doing its job
    How many kms on it?
    You'd think Honda would make a bit more dough by going "oh hey you need an ATF fluid change and filter change for an extra $250 on top of your minor $250 service"
    To the un suspecting stereotype rich snobby man in his late 30s (no offence to these people who take care of their cars) he'll just pay the cash and wont suspect anything
    The above scenario would also work with the same man but not mentioning the life/status of his Transmission...
    I watch who are at the dealerships about to buy a new Honda. I think to myself - should i run in their and explain to them one of Honda's many faults in their cars nowwadays?
    Because 99% they are clueless about cars
    Sorry /end rant
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Tis quite a dirty filter - at least its doing its job
    How many kms on it?
    You'd think Honda would make a bit more dough by going "oh hey you need an ATF fluid change and filter change for an extra $250 on top of your minor $250 service"
    To the un suspecting stereotype rich snobby man in his late 30s (no offence to these people who take care of their cars) he'll just pay the cash and wont suspect anything
    The above scenario would also work with the same man but not mentioning the life/status of his Transmission...
    I watch who are at the dealerships about to buy a new Honda. I think to myself - should i run in their and explain to them one of Honda's many faults in their cars nowwadays?
    Because 99% they are clueless about cars
    Sorry /end rant
    This is where I it the pic:
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...ion-fluid.html

Well I didn't start research and really "know" my euro till I had it for 7 years.

And I paid a lot of "tuition" fees to honda dealers over this period.

I guess some people just don't care.

Btw can you repost this on ozaccord? Just so more people know and hopefully prevent more $$$$ tranny work.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    This is where I it the pic:
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...ion-fluid.html

Well I didn't start research and really "know" my euro till I had it for 7 years.

And I paid a lot of "tuition" fees to honda dealers over this period.

I guess some people just don't care.

Btw can you repost this on ozaccord? Just so more people know and hopefully prevent more $$$$ tranny work.
    Good old Honda Dealers 'Tuition' fees - the main thing is you did something about it and now you service your own car
    And know it inside and out - like an old friend
    I guess i'm lucky in that department that i had an uncle who knew a thing about cars and helped me on my way to fixing my car
    In a weird way im kinda glad i got a 'lemon' of a car
    Almost everything that is wrong with the car i have diagnosed/repaired - adding to my knowledge of cars
    Shall post the tsxclub link
    Surprisingly there are not many Euro's on OzAccord... Mainly cd5's lol
    Why don't you join up?

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Fred: is it the red or yellow spot on that photo? I'd like to do this myself but it looks a little more complex than ATF flushes

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Softcox View Post
    Fred: is it the red or yellow spot on that photo? I'd like to do this myself
    but it looks a little more complex than ATF flushes
    The yellow bit
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    IMO, tell the dealer to shove that comment where the sun dont shine and replace your God Damn filter.
    Different brand of car (Holden), but one day I was asking about the volume required to replace the ATF in my wife's Astra at the service counter.

Me: How many litres do I need for a drain and fill on the 2002 Astra auto transmission?
    Service person: You are not supposed to change it, it is filled for life and does not need replacement.
    Me: *Didn't believe a word he was saying, it has a damn ATF dip stick, so it will need replacement*
    Me: I understand, but do you sell it and how much is it?
    Service person: Of course we do, it's $xx per litre and you need 2 litres of it.
    Me: Do you have it in stock?
    Service person: Yup. *goes out to the back and brings the 2 bottles out*
    Me: I thought it was meant to be "filled for life"?
    Service person: ......

Never trust the service intervals nor the dealer if it does not make sense...... Common sense prevails.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Aaron, what are your thoughts on this changing transmission filter business. Should i be bothered doing it or turn a blind eye? LOL

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    Aaron, what are your thoughts on this changing transmission filter business. Should i be bothered doing it or turn a blind eye? LOL
    If it is accessible, change it! I thought it was inside the transmission casing like the older CD accords but I was wrong. So change yours when you can.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread it has been most helpful, I just recently acquired a 2004 euro (first car =D) and will be doing this as soon as I get the necessary parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    I change my ATF fluid every 2nd engine oil change without fail.Doesnt cost that much either so why risk it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for this thread it has been most helpful, I just recently acquired a 2004 euro (first car =D) and will be doing this as soon as I get the necessary parts.
    Jack
    Jack stands
    3/8 Racthet
    3/8 breaker bar
    Honda ATF DW 1 - 4litres
    While youre at it. Do an oil change
    And some confiedence
    Set you back about $200+

Dealer would charge quite a bit more

Dont put it off man, get it done asap, car is already 8 y.o and the fluid prolly hasnt been changed

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Jack
    Jack stands
    3/8 Racthet
    3/8 breaker bar
    Honda ATF DW 1 - 4litres
    While youre at it. Do an oil change
    And some confiedence
    Set you back about $200+

Dealer would charge quite a bit more

Dont put it off man, get it done asap, car is already 8 y.o and the fluid prolly hasnt been changed
    Thanks, I definitely will not put off, I'm not going to drive the car until I change it.

I think I will put in redline D4 ATF instead of DW 1, from what I have been reading it seems to be a much better choice, I just don't know if I should install a magnefine filter or just get a new OEM filter.