Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Thanks, I definitely will not put off, I'm not going to drive the car until I change it.

I think I will put in redline D4 ATF instead of DW 1, from what I have been reading it seems to be a much better choice, I just don't know if I should install a magnefine filter or just get a new OEM filter.
    OEM should be fine. tbh
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Anyone here actually done the ATF filter change themelves? Easy or not?

edit: I read this thread on driveaccord and it seems like getting the hoses on and off is a bitch but it's a pretty simple job
    Last edited by Softcox; 19-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Thanks, I definitely will not put off, I'm not going to drive the car until I change it.

I think I will put in redline D4 ATF instead of DW 1, from what I have been reading it seems to be a much better choice, I just don't know if I should install a magnefine filter or just get a new OEM filter.
    If i were you i'd go oem for ATF but what ever floats your boat
    As for filter go for OEM
    As your Transmisison drain bolt is also a magnet
    I swear when you take out the bolt its like a hairy black porcupine/echidna - i got freaked out
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    If i were you i'd go oem for ATF but what ever floats your boat
    As for filter go for OEM
    As your Transmisison drain bolt is also a magnet
    I swear when you take out the bolt its like a hairy black porcupine/echidna - i got freaked out
    For the last 5 services ive always had the transmission fluid changed, bcoz i didnt want the jerkyness coming back wen driving in school zones. But when i take the bolt off i and watch the fluid drain, i expect to see some bits n peices floating around....but i dont see any...not evem in the bolt. Its like clean....TBH...i feel kinda left out. =[ Its like im doing something wrong...LOL

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    For the last 5 services ive always had the transmission fluid changed, bcoz i didnt want the jerkyness coming back wen driving in school zones. But when i take the bolt off i and watch the fluid drain, i expect to see some bits n peices floating around....but i dont see any...not evem in the bolt. Its like clean....TBH...i feel kinda left out. =[ Its like im doing something wrong...LOL
    Because you have done 5 changes in such a short time span (2.5 years I'm guessing?) all of ATF has been replaced and only the clean stuff is left in there. From now, I'd replace ATF once every 2 years but do change the ATF filter at the next one.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    I guess it means your transmission isnt overheating and ripping itself to shreads *touch wood*
    Good work on the preventative maintenance
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Would using mobil 1 full syn ATF be ok to use or should I just spend the extra few bucks and get dw1?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by rom5 View Post
    Would using mobil 1 full syn ATF be ok to use or should I just spend the extra few bucks and get dw1?
    Im using redline, and a few people here used Amsoil, i dont think anyone on this forum has experience with M1 yet.

guess it's about whether you're willing to be the first.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Because you have done 5 changes in such a short time span (2.5 years I'm guessing?) all of ATF has been replaced and only the clean stuff is left in there. From now, I'd replace ATF once every 2 years but do change the ATF filter at the next one.
    So like every 2nd service rather than each service? is that a cost issue or so i get to see some bits n pieces so i dont feel left out? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    I guess it means your transmission isnt overheating and ripping itself to shreads *touch wood*
    Good work on the preventative maintenance
    hahaha, pity that it whines.....damm torque converter....

My local Honda dealer wanted $58 for the oem filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    My local Honda dealer wanted $58 for the oem filter.
    fk that order form US

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    $58 ugh. Anyone want to order from US and split shipping cost?