Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I used redline d4.

Forget it. It's no better than penrite or nulon for normal driving. Not worth the money IMO.

Nulon or Penrite is fine.

Btw you don't HAVE to use the more expensive penrite atf LV for a cl9. The normal syn multi atf is ok as welll
    Last edited by Fredoops; 30-03-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Fredoops is probably right. He has alot more experience with the CL9.
    I am using redline D4 and it is expensive. I have not tried nulon or penrite.
    When I read reviews about redline oil, because of its group 5 base stock, it can tolerate higher temperature (oxidation). I do not know if this is the case with their atf fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Fredoops is probably right. He has alot more experience with the CL9.
    I am using redline D4 and it is expensive. I have not tried nulon or penrite.
    When I read reviews about redline oil, because of its group 5 base stock, it can tolerate higher temperature (oxidation). I do not know if this is the case with their atf fluid.
    better base stocks last longer but if you are going to start changing it more regularly, it's not as much of a big deal IMO

Honda recommends 60,000km/36 months they should do 3 drains 3 fills with some driving between to get most of the old oil out...

I'd personally do 2 drains minimum if yours hasn't been done for 100,000km

Been doing mine yearly since I got it but only as a single drain and fill of 3-4L... my car did 120,000km until it's first change and by then it was a bit jerky with shifting, despite honda servicing it, they never told the previous owners to change the oil
    Last edited by AndrewRox22; 02-04-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I am sure Hondas recommended atf change is 120000 km (1x drain and refill), which is too long.
    I would agree with AndrewRox22, if there are transmission issues/symptoms, a 2x drain and refil (even 3) should be done straight away.
    There is also an inline atf filter that should be changed regularly.
    Last edited by Martin77; 02-04-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    better base stocks last longer but if you are going to start changing it more regularly, it's not as much of a big deal
    Bingo. If you're doing once a year fluid changes then it doesn't matter as much the base oil. Uless you go onracetracks or something
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    I ended up buying PENRITE LV for ATF & PENRITE 10TENTHS PREMIUM 0 0W-40 for the engine oil.

The gunk on the magnet of the bolt looks like it needed a a ATF change after not having one since new.
    I will do the 2nd drain in 20,000km time from now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-3648851482446344276.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	29509

Name:	Snapchat_8873847440137162838_1.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	29510
    Last edited by CL9_euro; 03-04-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Please let us know how the car goes.
    I am sensing that you really want to look after your car with good oil selection but still being sensible and practical. Thanks for the photos.
    Last edited by Martin77; 03-04-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by CL9_euro View Post
    The gunk on the magnet of the bolt looks like it needed a a ATF change after not having one since new.
    I will do the 2nd drain in 20000km time]
    If I'm you I'd do a second drain asap.

Unless you just did a 3x3

Given the amount of gunk on the magnet. Change the filter too
    Last edited by Fredoops; 03-04-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Please let us know how the car goes.
    I am sensing that you really want to look after your car with good oil selection but still being sensible and practical. Thanks for the photos.
    Yeh thanks mate, really want to look after this car hence the penrite bottles.
    Just took it for a drive and the gear changes are smoother, espesh from 1st to 2nd where I sense the massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    If I'm you I'd do a second drain asap.
    Unless you just did a 3x3
    Given the amount of gunk on the magnet. Change the filter too
    Cheers fredoops. Will most likely do the 2nd drain next weekend due to shortage of time today as I have plans.
    Yep bought the transmission filter yesterday from essendon honda $55.
    That was a c*nt to change lol. Lucky im a clean guy no oil/fluid drips at all

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Bingo. If you're doing once a year fluid changes then it doesn't matter as much the base oil. Uless you go onracetracks or something
    This

Regular service intervals don't need expensive fluid
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by CL9_euro View Post
    Yeh thanks mate, really want to look after this car hence the penrite bottles.
    Just took it for a drive and the gear changes are smoother, espesh from 1st to 2nd where I sense the massive difference.

That was a c*nt to change lol. Lucky im a clean guy no oil/fluid drips at all
    The LV is DW1 grade so much thinner, would make a huge difference, gotta give it a try sometime when it's on special

I do a sneaky and take off only 1 side of the plastic guard and slip my catch pan in there haha

would have been it's first change because honda don't have the item on the service schedule until 120,000km/6 years for the factory fill

i agree with a minimum of a second drop, 10L+ capacity, how much did you get out?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    would have been it's first change because honda don't have the item on the service schedule until 120,000km/6 years for the factory fill
    i agree with a minimum of a second drop, 10L+ capacity, how much did you get out?
    Got out exactly 2.8L.
    I don't know if you can see it here:

Name:	Snapchat_1764889102331504233.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	29514