Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    I managed to get my transmission oil change (3x3) finally. But I'm worrying now as I gave my car to a friend last week to fix driver side power window and he's gone an extra step of putting in some Nulon ATF treatment that he swear by. He even put that in his own car (another brand/make), but I'm so worry if that conditioner will actually badly affect the transmission oil or the seal.

I did a little research and found out the flash point of Honda ATF DW1 is about 30-40 Celsius degree higher than the Nulon stuff.

Has anyone try the Nulon treatment before?
    Last edited by someon3; 19-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    All that treatment stuff will do is make it 'shift smoother'
    And IF there is a problem with your transmission it will just 'mask the problem'
    If you're worried about it
    Tell your friend to not mess with your car and get him to pay for another 3 ATF changes
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    They are usually plain friction modifiers.

Won't do much.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Is anyone kind enough to give a few pointers on how to replace the transmission filter? I've found a guide here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41286

But it is very vague to say the least. A bit of help from this forum would be appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by cend0l View Post
    Is anyone kind enough to give a few pointers on how to replace the transmission filter? I've found a guide here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41286

But it is very vague to say the least. A bit of help from this forum would be appreciated.

You sure if you have a filter on the CU2? some one here was having trouble finding it.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    You sure if you have a filter on the CU2? some one here was having trouble finding it.
    Apparently CU2s' transmission filter is located on top of the transmission. That means having to remove the airbox to get to it.

See here, last post (10' TSX): http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861247

I haven't got a chance to look at it yet. It's been raining lately in Brissy.
    Last edited by cend0l; 25-03-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Insert wrong hyperlink

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by cend0l View Post
    Apparently CU2s' transmission filter is located on top of the transmission. That means having to remove the airbox to get to it.

See here, last post (10' TSX): http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861247

I haven't got a chance to look at it yet. It's been raining lately in Brissy.
    If its there then it's just a matter of unscrewing the bracket, inplug the hose, replace filter and redo the brackets.

But the friggin thing is not easy to get to mind you.

Thanks to the suggestion by Fredoops, I bought the magnafine inline filter for my CL9 and have my mechanic replaced it for me today. I never done it before and watching him do it today I should be able to do it myself next time.

The only concern I have with this inline filter is its plastic cover and we don't know how that will stand the heat inside the car bonnet. Will that become brittle over time? The original one is metal. I do notice the label on the new filter mentions it should be replaced every 10k km, I'll probably keep doing a normal drain and fill every 10k and the same go for this inline filter. Just to avoid a few grand transmission rebuild fee

Am I too paranoid?

Hehe and the mechanic was wondering which was the flow direction too. He got it in the end (I sincerely hope so)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by someon3 View Post

Hehe and the mechanic was wondering which was the flow direction too. He got it in the end (I sincerely hope so)
    Mine's flowing towards the cabin.

As to the heat, mine's doing fine so far.

if the transmission casing (which that sits on) is melting the plastic....

then the filter is the LEAST of your problems :-P

Oh no fredoops, whats your car model? Mine is an CL9 and at the moment the filter is installed flowing toward radiator.

I done filter change on my cu2 , opened it up and what do you know full of crap.
    Also done another drain and fill of dw1.

This is on 40k car so I recommend anyone that can locate filter to do it. I got ripped off tho $61 lol.
    Guy at Honda was like what filter you car has no filters and once he looked into it bingo

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by someon3 View Post
    Oh no fredoops, whats your car model? Mine is an CL9 and at the moment the filter is installed flowing toward radiator.
    Mines cl9 as well, same git up as the 7th gen accord.

Did your mech do a flow test?