Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    OP UPDATED

HONDA BUILT AFTER 2011 should look at dw1 comparable fluids instea of z1 just to be on the safe side

Those who's been Mixing with DW1 or DW1 is the factory fill.... probably dont want to use older Z1 Compatible fluid, because DW1 is thinner as it turned out.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 07-01-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

what about those who are driving around with Z1 in their cars? im thinking of changing to the DW1 stuff some time soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    what about those who are driving around with Z1 in their cars? im thinking of changing to the DW1 stuff some time soon.
    You can use whatever.

My post were for models that's DW1 factory fill
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Does the fluid come out a cloudy colour? Just had 80k service @ Honda and they told me the ATF was looking a bit cloudy so I gave them the green to change it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Not really
    It's suppose to come out really dark red with dark particles throughout
    It'd be nice if they showed you the atf fluid
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Oh right, is it even possible to see what colour the fluid is without changing it?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Dipstick?

Btw you can actually smell old ATF.

The burnt/charred smell is really prominent.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Since getting my magnefine filter installed I can definitely notice a difference in the colour of the fluid wiped off the dipstick when checking the levels. Still looks pretty much pristine after ~12 months of use (Honda DW1 fluid).

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    I'm in Brisbane, thinking of ordering some Penrite ATF from thefarmstore.com.au if anyone wants to share the shipping costs. It's $11.95 for up to 20 kgs and a quote after that.

Fully synthetic Z1-spec is $45.95/4L
    Semi-synthetic is $40.95/4L

Will place my order on Monday if no one gets back to me so you can have the weekend to to think about it. They sell other Penrite oils too if anyone is interested.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

isnt there like 20% off at repco for car club members (roadside assist and the like)?

surely would be cheaper than buying from the above site.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Softcox View Post
    Since getting my magnefine filter installed I can definitely notice a difference in the colour of the fluid wiped off the dipstick when checking the levels. Still looks pretty much pristine after ~12 months of use (Honda DW1 fluid).
    Where did you buy your filter from?

In order news, I purchased 12Qt's from the states on ebay. It was around $155ish delivered to the door. Honda was looking @ the $200 mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I got mine from ebay seller "gvfront": MAGNEFINE 3/8" AUTO TRANS & POWERSTEERING FILTER, BRAND NEW 171032574060 * Price: AU $10.00.

I previously bought one from the US which was a rip off Raybestos one but that one is legit. Not sure if they're still available from that seller or not though.