Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Just did the 3 x 3 again. (11 months and 14,500kms on from the previous time.) Used Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF again.
    What came out on the 1st drop was reddish brown but the next 2 drops were bright red. No "swarf" on the magnetic drain plug which is a good sign. The changes are super smooth again.
    I will do it again in 12 months time. The cost really is not all that over the hill and is certainly cheaper than a complete transmission replacement.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Haanda View Post
    Just did the 3 x 3 again. (11 months and 14,500kms on from the previous time.) Used Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF again.
    What came out on the 1st drop was reddish brown but the next 2 drops were bright red. No "swarf" on the magnetic drain plug which is a good sign. The changes are super smooth again.
    I will do it again in 12 months time. The cost really is not all that over the hill and is certainly cheaper than a complete transmission replacement.
    did you drive around using all of the gears between drops?

Honda recommend 60,000km or 36 months then 40,000 or 24 months so i just do 1 drop yearly (approx 18,000km). Cant bring myself to drop new fluid

A little strange they give the factory fill an extra year? is it to get it through warranty or to make money for the dealer out of warranty

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Oh yes. About 10 Km round trip between each drop and refill, getting up to 80 km/h to ensure that all 5 gears came into play. Then I switched it into "S" mode and used the paddle shift to go through all gears. Also 2 x 100 m reverse gear sections.

My cars book specifies 120,000 kms for the 1st drop........And there is no mention of doing it again in the book....I take that to mean that it be done again at 240,000 kms. No way!!!! (New fluid is cheaper than a new gearbox.)

A very good friend of mine owns a cab (Falcon) and has being operating cabs for more than 20 years. The current Falcons have a sealed tranny and according to Ford, do not require any fluid changes for the life of the transmission.
    Tranny's operated a such usually last around 250,000- 300,000 kms. Most experienced operators ignore that and get the fluid changed at 18 month intervals as well as fit an external aftermarket cooler. They find that they can get double the life from the tranny by doing this.
    O.K.-- That's a Ford as opposed to a Honda, but the practice of frequent fluid changes is the secret to extending the life of any machinery requiring oil as a lubricant.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I got both an external cooler and frequent fluid changes and I change the filter. Going good so far.

Ps: Penrite just came out with a new full synthetic atf. The Low Viscosity atf that's DW1 compliant. Basically a thinner oil.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 31-12-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Ps: Penrite just came out with a new full synthetic atf. The Low Viscosity atf that's DW1 compliant. Basically a thinner oil.
    yeah, the LV http://www.penriteoil.com.au/product...d_products=709

been eyeing it for a while now but havent seen it recommended for any hondas yet, not even the new accord

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    [QUOTE=Fredoops;3988917]I got both an external cooler and frequent fluid changes and I change the filter. Going good so far.

I like the idea of an external trans cooler. Is their a Accord specific kit available, or did you do a "scratch build" using bits obtained from other sources?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    yeah, the LV http://www.penriteoil.com.au/product...d_products=709

been eyeing it for a while now but havent seen it recommended for any hondas yet, not even the new accord

They have said that their new ATF LV meets Honda DW-1 specs in their ATF Flyer.

The list of specs it meets are: ( Honda DW1 is no 10 on the list)

Product Specification

Aisin AW-1
    BMW Part# 83 22 0 397 114
    BMW Part# 83 22 0 397 859
    BMW Part# 83 22 9 407 858
    Ford MERCONŽ-LV (M2C938-A)
    Ford M2C922-A1
    Ford M2C924-A
    GM DEXRONŽ-VI
    Hyundai SP-IV
    Honda DW-1
    JASO 1A
    JASO 2A-02
    JWS 3324
    Kia SP-IV
    Mercedes MB 236.41
    Mitsubishi SP-IV
    Mitsubishi Dia Queen J2/J3
    Nissan/Infiniti Matic S
    Toyota WS

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    They have said that their new ATF LV meets Honda DW-1 specs in their ATF Flyer.

The list of specs it meets are: ( Honda DW1 is no 10 on the list)
    I am aware of that, it's just the lube guide and penrite still dont recommend it for our application.... the new accord recommends DW1 in the manual but penrite have yet to update it from ATF FS

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Probably because Honda will require some sort of payment for giving their "tick" to the product.

(My Euro came from John Blair Honda in Prahan. They use Caltex Havoline ATF-J in their workshop for transmission fluid changes.
    Simply because they can buy it in bulk, at a good price.)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Probably because Honda will require some sort of payment for giving their "tick" to the product.

(My Euro came from John Blair Honda in Prahan. They use Caltex Havoline ATF-J in their workshop for transmission fluid changes.
    Simply because they can buy it in bulk, at a good price.)
    No. Honda don't give tick to anyone actually (with one exception being the engine oil for the Acura RDX in the usa). It's completely in house unlike the GM dexos standards where it's pay to play.

The reason for it not in the lube guide is simple:

Lubeguide is a third party site that sells the service to oil makers . It takes time to update their systems. Being the penrite LV was released recently it'll probably be a while before the LV and their DSG/DCT fluid makes it onto lube guide.

Therefore if it says on the bottle.... it's all good.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    [QUOTE=Haanda;3988928]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I got both an external cooler and frequent fluid changes and I change the filter. Going good so far.

I like the idea of an external trans cooler. Is their a Accord specific kit available, or did you do a "scratch build" using bits obtained from other sources?
    There's no accord specific kit. It's just an universal kit I got. I run that in addition to the radiator "cooler" that the transmission is plugged into already. So there's 2 coolers in my system

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Can you supply a fluid flow direction diagram please?