Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    I thought the new Acura ILX would come with a 5-speed auto but it's still stuck with the current box. C'mon Honda, the car seriously needs another gear... the current setup is clearly biased towards lower fuel consumption so first and second are really long. The high VTEC engagement point also means having to shift down to first or second to really accelerate.

Anyone know if the Mobil1 full synthetic ATF (Dex 4) will be sufficient in Honda's auto?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^ mobil USA said its ATF-z1 compliant, so I think it's useable. Reviews from BITOG says its pretty decent.

Depends on the price tho, if its like $16 a liter then it's within 50cents to the atfdw1 sold by the dealer.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

So what is best way to change fluid.
    Drain and fill?
    Or use return hose and keep adding fresh fluid while car is running untill new fluid starts comming out?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    So what is best way to change fluid.
    Drain and fill?
    Or use return hose and keep adding fresh fluid while car is running untill new fluid starts comming out?
    You dont use return hose to keep adding fluids on the go, you'd find with the return hose method you drain out 3 quarts, stop car, fill 3 quarts, start car, drain 3 quarts, stop car etc etc
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

i meant like this guy , it was supply not return
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdPA...eature=related

I don't think the CU2 has a transmission cooler, but I could be wrong thou.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    I don't think the CU2 has a transmission cooler, but I could be wrong thou.
    Neither CL9 or CU2 has a dedicated transmission cooler, it's plugged into the radiator iirc

I assume youtube video tutorial is fine .
    Will get some oil from Honda tommorow

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    I assume youtube video tutorial is fine .
    Will get some oil from Honda tommorow
    Honda service manual recommends drain and fill for ATF replacement - one would assume that this is the best way to do it for our cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    Honda service manual recommends drain and fill for ATF replacement - one would assume that this is the best way to do it for our cars.
    Honda says a lot of things.

Honda also says the tranny fluid only needs changing once every 40k km.

riiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Neither CL9 or CU2 has a dedicated transmission cooler, it's plugged into the radiator iirc
    Any pictures or diagrams on which lines is the inlet and outlet that goes into the bottom of the radiator to the transmission?