Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Just picked up dw-1, 3l for $56so not bad value.

Apperantly this dw-1 supereeds old one and will be only fluid avalible.

Will change over weekend , i guess it ok to mix dw-1 and z1

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    Just picked up dw-1, 3l for $56so not bad value.

Apperantly this dw-1 supereeds old one and will be only fluid avalible.

Will change over weekend , i guess it ok to mix dw-1 and z1
    it is ok to mix according to the service bulletin
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Been driving with one flush of dw-1. Downshifts much quicker and seems much better oil compared to z1. Will do one more flush on weekend.
    This is on 20k 2010 euro

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Been driving with one flush of dw-1. Downshifts much quicker and seems much better oil compared to z1. Will do one more flush on weekend.
    This is on 20k 2010 euro
    Z1 is dino
    DW1 is synthetic

go figure
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Yeah at first my local Honda dealer said dw-1 is only for 2011 plus vehicles as they have a different auto transmission lol

Then one other guy said that dw-1 is fine and z1 will be phased out and dw-1 be the new standard.

im really happy i did the change tho i guess it will take 2-3 more drains till i get over 90% fresh fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Z1 is dino
    DW1 is synthetic

go figure

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yeah at first my local Honda dealer said dw-1 is only for 2011 plus vehicles as they have a different auto transmission lol

Then one other guy said that dw-1 is fine and z1 will be phased out and dw-1 be the new standard.

im really happy i did the change tho i guess it will take 2-3 more drains till i get over 90% fresh fluid
    no.... the 5 speed is the same, but there is a new 6 speed tranny out back in 2011 (used in the Legend), I made a post in the News section about it a year back.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    rang around 3 different Honda dealer service centres in Brisbane today for 30,000km / 2 yrs service quote and asked what is included.. Austral Honda said it'd be 40,000km service for 2 yrs for $510 (and it does not include any brake / atf fluid change).

also asked when the ATF is due for a change, at 120,000km all 3 said. that would be 4+ years in the future for me!

i think i will go with Honda Care and ask them to to ATF change too.

i guess my dealership was full of it.

anyhow very happy with outcome i will do further 2x flashed this weekend .

anyone notice aus bottles of dw-1 are different to usa/canada ones.

I have seen canada ones state fully synthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    no.... the 5 speed is the same, but there is a new 6 speed tranny out back in 2011 (used in the Legend), I made a post in the News section about it a year back.

just do atf fluid change yourself, its easy and you will save a fair bit by doing it. 3L will set you back about $60

Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    rang around 3 different Honda dealer service centres in Brisbane today for 30,000km / 2 yrs service quote and asked what is included.. Austral Honda said it'd be 40,000km service for 2 yrs for $510 (and it does not include any brake / atf fluid change).

also asked when the ATF is due for a change, at 120,000km all 3 said. that would be 4+ years in the future for me!

i think i will go with Honda Care and ask them to to ATF change too.

I have just clocked up 90k and stumbled upon this thread. Thanks to the OP!

I am having Honda do a full flush (the 3 times fill and drain) today (which I pay for...), but I have two questions:

1/ With no towing and doing 35,000k per year, is it reasonable to do a top up only (no flush once a year) and;

2/ Is it likely that I have done premature wear to the box and if so provided I look after it now (whether that is yearly or twice yearly etc) will it behave for the life of the motor?

Cheers and thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    I have just clocked up 90k and stumbled upon this thread. Thanks to the OP!

I am having Honda do a full flush (the 3 times fill and drain) today (which I pay for...), but I have two questions:

1/ With no towing and doing 35,000k per year, is it reasonable to do a top up only (no flush once a year) and;

2/ Is it likely that I have done premature wear to the box and if so provided I look after it now (whether that is yearly or twice yearly etc) will it behave for the life of the motor?

Cheers and thanks
    I didn't do my flushes till the car hit 100k, so I think youll be fine.

Providing you don't abuse the car, once you done your 3x3, you don't have To do it every year, as long as its at a greater frequency than honda log book suggests, even once every 18mth, 15k to even 20k km would be fine just not the 40-60k km the log book wants.

Also get them to change the filter

Many thanks.

Unfortunately, according to my local service manager the filter cannot be changed...

Cheers