Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuci's DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Yea I still lurk from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    Hey buddy, most important things besides changing all fluids is a good high temperature brake fluid and decent pads, OEM brakes will die after a few hard laps. Besides that just nice tyres and a decent alignment
    I'm running ebc greenstuff for my brake pads. Are these and the Goodyear eagle f1 tyres I'm using considered track quality? And will I need a tow hook to take it on the track or is that just an option?

Cheers for the advice Steve
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    the pads should do ok, i would probably consider getting some Motul RBF600 Brake fluid to replace the crappy oem stuff though otherwise you may find yourself putting the brake pedal trough the floor

Tow hooks are for ricers haha.

Havn't used the Goodyears before, either way it will be good to learn on and when you get some nice sticky tyres you can tell the difference as your driving skill improves

My Kpro is so close now!

Ok I'll look into that cheers mate.

Good to hear the K-Pro is coming It'll be the best money you ever spend on your car you will love it mate. Will feel like a completely different car. Biggest thing I noticed was a jump in mid range power, a much smoother and more useable powerband and much more response from the engine. You'll have to give us an update once it's all in

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    As long as your brakes hold up you will have a blast My first time i had burnt tyres, no LSD and no brakes after the second session and still had a good time hehe.

I have wanted Kpro forever so its exciting to finally make the purchase. I was amazed what it did for Timmy's car, his base felt so much punchier then mine and so smooth, yours looked great in the vid you uploaded too, mean sounding exhaust and the power comes on so much smoother.

Will definitely be making an update when i get it tuned, hopefully will be up around 135-138kwatw peak with a nice jump in the midrange too. Kind of feels a bit constipated before around 4500rpm haha.

As long as your brakes hold up you will have a blast My first time i had burnt tyres, no LSD and no brakes after the second session and still had a good time hehe.

I have wanted Kpro forever so its exciting to finally make the purchase. I was amazed what it did for Timmy's car, his base felt so much punchier then mine and so smooth, yours looked great in the vid you uploaded too, mean sounding exhaust and the power comes on so much smoother.

Will definitely be making an update when i get it tuned, hopefully will be up around 135-138kwatw peak with a nice jump in the midrange too. Kind of feels a bit constipated before around 4500rpm haha.
    I think you should be able to come pretty close to 140kw with the mods you've got. I think the Mugen intake I'm using is holding me back a bit. Wish I hadve got the gruppe m back in the day.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    It only just ticked yesterday afternoon (After I left the cruise) who you were...

Car looks good man. Also good to have another DC5R getting around... I actually live in EP, so I'm amazed that we live so close, but we've never met each other before yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    It only just ticked yesterday afternoon (After I left the cruise) who you were...

Car looks good man. Also good to have another DC5R getting around... I actually live in EP, so I'm amazed that we live so close, but we've never met each other before yesterday!
    Haha yeah i know ay, I've always seen your car at different meets but never met the owner before. Yours inspired me to get mine actually

Have to keep an eye out for you at future meets. I wanna try get out to a few more of the jdmst meets, seems like the quality of cars (and people) are the best. Cheers for the comments man. Your car is lookin good as always. Sort that coilovers issue yet??

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Haha yeah i know ay, I've always seen your car at different meets but never met the owner before. Yours inspired me to get mine actually

Have to keep an eye out for you at future meets. I wanna try get out to a few more of the jdmst meets, seems like the quality of cars (and people) are the best. Cheers for the comments man. Your car is lookin good as always. Sort that coilovers issue yet??
    I'll PM you about the next week, normally a group of us have a little pre-meet at the carwash at Chermside (of Gympie Road) before any of the Southside meets.

Should be getting the Coilovers looked at on the weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    I think you should be able to come pretty close to 140kw with the mods you've got. I think the Mugen intake I'm using is holding me back a bit. Wish I hadve got the gruppe m back in the day.
    seems you were right mate, 140.9kWatw lmao How did your trackday go??

seems you were right mate, 140.9kWatw lmao How did your trackday go??
    Was just reading your build thread then and saw the good news gotta be happy with that mate! Taken her for a spirited drive yet? Worth the money? The car isn't quite ready for the track yet, few more little bits and pieces to come and then itll be ready

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Was just reading your build thread then and saw the good news gotta be happy with that mate! Taken her for a spirited drive yet? Worth the money? The car isn't quite ready for the track yet, few more little bits and pieces to come and then itll be ready
    Yeh the car feels fantastic, K20 is an amazing motor! Worth every cent I paid, Kpro removed the stick out of the proverbial ass

I know how you feel there is always loose ends you can never be bothered attending to until the last minute haha. I keep having to resist looking at hubs and steering wheels because of you lol!