The following review is purely of my own view

I'd firstly like to thank Trav (egsi) of Underground Imports for sending me this shifter in super quick time (and also for his funny comments on the packaging).

Getting to the point, the shifter does reduce the shift throw significantly and also the gear knob sits around 3-4cms lower than with the stock shifter. The shift throw (as measured) reduced from around 9.5cm to 7cm (1st to 2nd; 3rd to 4th etc). That is a reduction of up to 26 per cent over stock.

Shifting is much more direct (although harder) most possibly also due to the fact that the old bushing were replaced with new items provided with the kit and the throw is significantly smaller. Any less and changing gears would require too much force. Even as it is, it will take me a bit of time to gather up the courage to shift with a bit more force

So that is basically it, the shifter has reduced the throw substantially as expected with a much more direct feel. The instructions provided with the kit were pretty easy to follow after a bit of reading, but I though i'd post up some pics and write my own little guide (which can be used for any shifter pretty much).

My only concern was the fact that the B&M shifter does not have a bend in the shifter which keeps the gearknob sitting closer to the driver. With the new B&M shifter, the gearknob now sits a bit too far forward for my liking. Note the bend in the stock shifter half way up?

So here's how to install the B&M short shifter..........