Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM

Few Supercharging Questions for my B18CR

i have just purchased a JRSC for my JDM ITR.

i have a few questions,

basically i will be installing it myself (prepare yourself for head torments as i can never work shit out )

the things im worried about is that after its all installed and everything is running, will it be safe for me to drive it from my hometown to sydney (bout 6 hours away) without it being retuned is currently N/A tuned and is about 135KW

what about injectors?? will my standard ones be able to cope?

can i still use my INJEN intake??
    are there any other problems i may run into?
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What PSI belt are you going to run?

Don't think your ITR injectors will cope, and even if they did they'd be working very hard. Best consider something like a 440cc injector so they won't have to run at maximum capacity. What are ITR ones, 240cc?

Don't know a lot about the SC tuning but given the distance it might be a good idea to take it on a trailor. Personally I would, that's a long drive bro.

Injen you should be able to use, at least most of it should it require any modifying.

Problems...I'm sure you'll have lots mate haha. Will be interested to see though

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    will be on a 5psi to start with, i am completely and entirely new to Superchargers... honestly never thought id own one lol.

will the car be alright to drive without being tuned?? or will it detonate?

in the kit there is a walbro fuel pump, and also a fuel pressure regulator.

hahaha im sure ill have gazillions of problems glad you guys are all here to help

im hoping people will be interested in seeing my progress on this, as i dont think there are a great deal of S/C b18cr's?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Truthfully, u can drive without a tune, but its very risky, and with a supercharge, u have more of chance of detonating the motor than turbo, as turbo u can drive off boost safely, were supercharger, its always creating positive manifold pressure, the risk are much higher imo

If i recall, the JRSC kits often use a twin screw type sc, usually a JRSC housing with eaton internals, so if it does fail, atleast u know it can be rebuilt here lol

Definite go for anything from 330cc on wards, but really depends on the power ur after, which will determinate what injectors u get, 440cc is the norm, even ppl with 120kw still run 440cc in there car

at the end of the day, just ask the tuner what can be done or not, cause its them who will make or break ur motor, not us LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Mate

Do this - grab all the parts , and drive to Sydney and get it installed here - preferably at the tuners shop and not worry.

Ps don't use standard injectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    WOW thanks for that adrian!

Ben: well at the moment, i will be probably be installing it at home, injectors i will have to replace here also (if necessary), my main concern is if i bump up the fuel pressure to x? amount will it be safe for me to baby it up to adrian (toda).

reguarding injectors, someone explain to me why a fuel pressure reg is provided with a JRSC, is this for cheapskates who wont buy new injectors? or can i actually use this safely with my injectors? or at least until i can afford good ones that meet my requirements.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Mate

Do this - grab all the parts , and drive to Sydney and get it installed here - preferably at the tuners shop and not worry.

Ps don't use standard injectors.
    Good advice. You might save a few hundreds doing it yourself, but might end up losing a few thousands to save those few hundreds

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    If it was me...
    Bolt it all up...
    Get it running...and just take the supercharger belt off and cruze to sydney...
    Put da belt on and get it tuned. ...

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Install the complete kit but not the belt that run the supercharger. You should have no problems. Getting it to where ever your taking it. Cos with out the drive belt you won't make boost. I sometimes run my system like this on long trips to save a bit of fuel.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    If it was me...
    Bolt it all up...
    Get it running...and just take the supercharger belt off and cruze to sydney...
    Put da belt on and get it tuned. ...
    you got in before I could finish posting. Same point!
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    just to ask, but wouldnt your economy be the same if not worse due to such a restrictive path the air has to flow through?