Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    in vic by law you are not required to wear the seltbelt when you are reversing the vehicle or if you aren't travelling over 25km/h. how fast were u driving when you put on the seltbeat? maybe check the road rules in nsw.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Take it to court & contest it.
    If what you say is correct, then the cop's video will show this.
    Meaning he will not be able to prove you did anything dangerous or set out to break any laws.
    & in that case, you'll just get off with a warning (& keep your coin)
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    The ticket doesnt even give u option to take it to court, I once got a parking fine and it had little option saying i could contest it so i thought this would be the same.
    plus i dont really have the time to be taking it to court. Im going away so often at the moment and always travelling to and from places. and is it really worth taking to court for 200 bucks.
    I realise i was in the wrong but never set out to do anything wrong just thought id get peoples opinion on this, everyone obviously has mixed views.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by danNyja1 View Post
    in vic by law you are not required to wear the seltbelt when you are reversing the vehicle or if you aren't travelling over 25km/h. how fast were u driving when you put on the seltbeat? maybe check the road rules in nsw.
    So that means every time I come up to a red light, stop sign, give way sign etc I can take my seat belt off as soon as I drop under 25km/h?

Don't think so. If you're on a public road, driving, you are required to wear a seat belt.
    to see all of my build, checkout

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    The ticket doesnt even give u option to take it to court, I once got a parking fine and it had little option saying i could contest it so i thought this would be the same.
    plus i dont really have the time to be taking it to court. Im going away so often at the moment and always travelling to and from places. and is it really worth taking to court for 200 bucks.
    I realise i was in the wrong but never set out to do anything wrong just thought id get peoples opinion on this, everyone obviously has mixed views.
    Regardless if you took it to court or not, your admission by word is likely recorded.

Id write a letter to another wanker who might be able to get you off the fine. Write one to the Sargeant at his station, and CC the cop into it. Be nice, you may get off.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    Regardless if you took it to court or not, your admission by word is likely recorded.

Id write a letter to another wanker who might be able to get you off the fine. Write one to the Sargeant at his station, and CC the cop into it. Be nice, you may get off.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    He may not have video surveillance, but most definately have you admitting fault on audio now. You wont win your court case.

U commited he offence, just unlucky you got caught
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    your a wanker. his just doing his job.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Lol'd at this.. It's sad to say that you clearly broke the law and even tho you corrected yourself quickly by placing the belt on it was unlucky for you that the cop was hanging around and saw you

All in all, you could prob hang in there and go to seek justice at the court house for this offense and properly loose the whole case and pay additional fees.. My answer to this would be loose the 3 points and accept where u f'd up then pay the fine and have it done and over with... If you only have 3 points left and this offense made u loose your license then I would defiantly appeal this (but it's a pretty minor fine, if you consider a p plate driver not driving with p plates on here in Sydney is a $201.00 fine and can result in loss of license) lol

Just my 2c man
    Last edited by blastnpast; 09-09-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    LD_mart must be from indonesia.
    hahaha jkjk. im indo.

bad luck, better luck next time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/n...8104/s267.html

(2) A person in or on a motor vehicle is exempt from wearing a seatbelt if:

(a) the person is engaged in the door-to-door delivery or collection of goods, or in the collection of waste or garbage, and is required to get in or out of the vehicle, or on or off the vehicle, at frequent intervals, and

(b) the vehicle is not travelling over 25 kilometres per hour.
    Interesting... unless this rule was repealed in the last 3 years...
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS