Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    So that means every time I come up to a red light, stop sign, give way sign etc I can take my seat belt off as soon as I drop under 25km/h?

Don't think so. If you're on a public road, driving, you are required to wear a seat belt.
    from VicRoads website:
    Exemptions

There are some circumstances in which a person may be exempt from wearing a seatbelt, such as when the driver is reversing the vehicle, or is engaged in the door-to-door delivery or collection of goods or garbage and is travelling under 25 km/h.

Obviously if you are at a give way sign or red light etc you wont take off ur seatbelt, that comment was ridiculous.
    The topic was about him getting out of his driveway and driving down the street. As long as its under 25km/h from what he was doing then it should be fine. If you were to contest this within court you would ask what a reasonable man would do in that situation. For all you know he maybe in a rush that morning for work. Getting out of his driveway and putting on his seatbelt whilst driving down the street wouldn't be a problem in the court of law at all. I believe that their already is precedent for this type of case, all you have to do is search on google for case files pertaining the similar situation and contest this it in court and claim damages (for the money lost from work for attending court) maybe even negligence from the police officer for giving you a fine. Most cops will save they have you on tape, they tend to twist their words to make it sound different to intimidate you. For all you know he must of had a vid capture of you reversing out.
    Last edited by danNyja1; 09-09-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    It's a harsh price to pay for laziness/forgetfullness. It's happened to me b4 too... sux arse. Anyways, gotta learn from our mistakes.

"Wear a seatbelt or wear a fine"

Should never have admitted to not having it on.
    You have had your rights to privacy waved because they were filming you without your consent. Should of said show me the video which they must under law, if he said tough luck, woulda told him get the hell outta my face, ill see you in court.

Simple & honest mistake yet they be assoles about something like that yet they do it everyday themselves... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Should never have admitted to not having it on.
    You have had your rights to privacy waved because they were filming you without your consent. Should of said show me the video which they must under law, if he said tough luck, woulda told him get the hell outta my face, ill see you in court.

Simple & honest mistake yet they be assoles about something like that yet they do it everyday themselves... >.>
    Don't like your reply dude - asking for trouble. Being sorry / dumb will likely get you out of a simple fine - than giving attitude/acting defensive. You will go to court , spend the $$$$$ , and lose when the police pull out the video evidence they spoke of. Waste of time because you acted like a stubborn prick and now you pay lots more $$$.

Yes , there are occasions when you CAN take them
    To court and win because you actually didn't do anything wrong / illegal - or you did so due to a valid reason ( run red light to avoid getting hit by a truck from behind etc)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by danNyja1 View Post
    from VicRoads website:
    Exemptions

There are some circumstances in which a person may be exempt from wearing a seatbelt, such as when the driver is reversing the vehicle, or is engaged in the door-to-door delivery or collection of goods or garbage and is travelling under 25 km/h.

Obviously if you are at a give way sign or red light etc you wont take off ur seatbelt, that comment was ridiculous.
    The topic was about him getting out of his driveway and driving down the street. As long as its under 25km/h from what he was doing then it should be fine. If you were to contest this within court you would ask what a reasonable man would do in that situation. For all you know he maybe in a rush that morning for work. Getting out of his driveway and putting on his seatbelt whilst driving down the street wouldn't be a problem in the court of law at all.
    You misinterpreted the Vicroads ruling. The under 25 km/h part is only applicable if he was reversing, performing door-to-door delivery or collecting garbage. It does not apply to normal driving forwards.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Cmon mate - such an easy thing to avoid a fine, popo pulling u over.

Well from what the OP has said, he has reversed out of his driveway (in accordance with VicRoad Rules) to not have his seatbelt on and has then progress to put it on as he takes off not to hold up traffic i assume. That sounds fairly reasonable.

Bennjamin i can understand you dislike my opinion and that's fine, had my fair share of really *** cops. I live by the rule, how you speak to me when you approach my window, is how you will receive my chit chat for the rest of the conversation

Member Array
    Car:
    Skateboard
    cop is a wanker. end of story
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

Quote Originally Posted by johnsta View Post
    cop is a wanker. end of story
    Op did something illegal and got caught , cop doing their job. End of story.

Member Array
    Car:
    Skateboard
    want a slice of cake ben?
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    technically i was in the wrong i know that.

Cop is being a wanker...but so are you because of that ^^^ He wouldn't have had a chance to be a wanker if you didn't slip up.

Seat belt goes on before car goes into gear, thats my theory.
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Quote Originally Posted by johnsta View Post
    want a slice of cake ben?
    I need a tissue.