Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux

HELP! Car won't start!

Hi guys,

I have an 04 euro AT and the car hasnt been able to start. Battery is fine and all the fuses good. There is no spark and the engine cranks are Normal.

There are no engine lights on and the drive home from work the day before was fine.
    I've taken the car to the mechanic and he has no idea what could be wrong. Only thing he found was that the immobilizer and ecu he couldn't read, and it's been checked by several auto electricians to confirm the same result.

Anyone had such an issue before? I have never heard about our cars with such problems. Engine is stock with 110,000km and always serviced. Any input?
    Next plan is to tow to car to Honda and get ecu and key reset and check for codes...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    If you have an obd2 reader you can check the ecu yourself. Have you tried to jumpstart the car anyway?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

He had taken the car to the mechanic, I am sure the mechanic did more test then just attempt to jumpstart the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Sounds like an immobiliser problem to me.Does the engine turn over when you turn the key?

auto elec should of been able to bypass the whole immobiliser and start the car just to test if it turns over to see if it was the immobiliser playing up.

Tried using ur spare key to start the car?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by seihoa View Post
    auto elec should of been able to bypass the whole immobiliser and start the car just to test if it turns over to see if it was the immobiliser playing up.

Tried using ur spare key to start the car?
    No they can't. The immobiliser is tied to the ECU, so if the ECU does not receive a signal from the immobiliser, it does not initiate and allow the engine to fire up. All you will get is the engine cranking but you will get no spark and probably no fuel as well.

I agree with trying the spare key first.

There are 3 sections to the immobiliser system for the Euro.
    1) The immobiliser chip in the key (check if it is damaged by using the spare key)
    2) The immobiliser reader ring which goes around the ignition barrel (difficult to test on your own)
    3) The ECU which is coded against the immobiliser code. You don't get a spark if the immobiliser does not tell the ECU that the chip in the key matches what it is looking for.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Sounds like immob for sure

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Oh does it?
    They've tried using the spare key and that was no good either.

The other thing is, i filled up petrol (BP ultimate but at a smaller station), pretty much full tank. Then drove 2km home. Next morning car wouldnt start. Could it be poor petrol and the water/similar has settled to the bottom of the tank overnight thus the problem starting?
    Im getting the car towed to Adrian at Toda since he's only about 5mins away from home. He'll have a look for me since he's one of the pro's when it comes to honda engines. As long as we know what the problem is, then the car should be off and running again!
    It just sucks to see the car that you've looked after for all the years just stranded and not running....gotta bring her back to life again!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    Oh does it?
    They've tried using the spare key and that was no good either.

The other thing is, i filled up petrol (BP ultimate but at a smaller station), pretty much full tank. Then drove 2km home. Next morning car wouldnt start. Could it be poor petrol and the water/similar has settled to the bottom of the tank overnight thus the problem starting?
    Im getting the car towed to Adrian at Toda since he's only about 5mins away from home. He'll have a look for me since he's one of the pro's when it comes to honda engines. As long as we know what the problem is, then the car should be off and running again!
    It just sucks to see the car that you've looked after for all the years just stranded and not running....gotta bring her back to life again!
    Good move taking it to Adrian.He should be able to sort it out.