Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ

Question short shifter for h22 swap civic

does anybody who has done a h swap in their ek know how i will go about getting a short shifter (without chopping the stock shifter???)

should i be buying a prelude short shifter kit? and if i do, will it fit in my ek?

any help is good help!!
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    so does the std shifter still work in the same spot?
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    does anybody who has done a h swap in their ek know how i will go about getting a short shifter (without chopping the stock shifter???)

should i be buying a prelude short shifter kit? and if i do, will it fit in my ek?

any help is good help!!
    cheers
    Hey George,

Dont get a short shifter man. Will make shifting gears in the H box harder. Remember you gota look after that box of yours?

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by mr180sx View Post
    Hey George,

Dont get a short shifter man. Will make shifting gears in the H box harder. Remember you gota look after that box of yours?
    oh man. i dont wanna be changin gears like a bus driver..fair enough though. id be more upset if the gears start cruching..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Im also keen now, does anyone have a write up on disadvantages of short shifter?

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    i had a forbidden motorsports shifter in my old h22 civic and i switched back to the standard shifter.

mr180sx is right, its a much nicer feel with the standard shifter based on my experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    cheers for the reply

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    if your still keen i have one for sale

pm me

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    il take everyones advice and just keep the original one

theres no problem with getting a short shifter. a good quality one is weighted properly so it doesnt damage the gearbox. this is why cutting a stock shifter is a big no no

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    I had a short shifter in my prelude that had the type s h22a, I had a Skunk2 short shifter in it and it felt amazing to change gears with, when I bought my new car which is a civic with the type s h22a in it, it did not have a short shifter. Personally the difference i noticed was a fair bit and I got the bloke who I bought the car off to drive my prelude back to my house and when he got out he said shifting felt awesome in it.

I think like mentioned before in the thread a good quality one is key here to making it feel right.