Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hey,

i'm looking at buying some frontz soon for a '97 civic.

i was wondering what size splitz can i fit in the current holes of a '97 civic, without having to do any cutting??

while we're on the topic of front speakers, can anyone tell him, give me instructions on how to remove the front door panels.
    where are the screws located? and where should i run the RCA and power cables from my headunit to my amp?

i have an alpine 9807 headunit and wanted to know which "after-market harness" do i buy to connect the factory stock harness to the harness of the alpine unit, without having to cut any wires, or soldering them.

can anyone tell me also what size sub would fit nicely into the boot of a civic? i'm looking at either a 10' or 12' sub. what box size should i consider?

thanks alot for any help. i know there are alot of questions, i just don't want to buy my civic and have no idea on how to install or where to put any of the stuff

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Sedan or hatch?

If its a sedan, you can easily fit a 12" dependinng on the box (probably goes for a hatch also).

I have 93 civic and fit 6" mids in the doors.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Sedan or hatch?

If its a sedan, you can easily fit a 12" dependinng on the box (probably goes for a hatch also).

I have 93 civic and fit 6" mids in the doors.
    6" ay, i would be looking at 6 1/2 inch frontz.
    i have been recommended hertz esk 165's
    but ppl recommended that i go to a car audio place and have a listen for myself. so i'm going to go and have a listen somewhere and try to figure out which one suits me best.
    can anyone recommend certain brands, or size's i should look at that would suit the civic's body?
    thanks

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Open it up and have a look/take out the stock speakers. Try the lifestyle store in Parramatta/Baulkham hills. There Boston splits are top class.

Open it up and have a look/take out the stock speakers. Try the lifestyle store in Parramatta/Baulkham hills. There Boston splits are top class.
    well the thing is that i have already got my headunit, and amp.

next i will be purchasing speakers/sub within the next few months, as well as wires, and sound deadening.

so i want to get my ENTIRE system ready, so once i purchase the civic, i can pop everything in the day after getting it.

for a sound quality based system, what frontz would you sugguest getting, with 62.5wrms per channel?

thanks

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Well if you are going to do it all yourself, take some time figure out how things come off (eg door covers) that way you won't rush things and break anything.

THe hardest part is mounting the amp itself and making it sit nice and straight. The rest of it (wiring) is pretty easy. All you do is take out the door panels, and interior trim and guide to the amp.

The best place to ground the amp is at the seat belt anchor.

Also, you might have a little trouble feeding the wiring from the inside of the car to the splits in the front doors.

Before you get all your equipment, take the car apart and have a dry run, so you can get straight into it when you get everything.

Gluck!

Newcomer Array
    Make sure that when you install the amp, you run the power cable down the opposite side to the RCA's. Otherwise you will get a buzzing sound when the stereo is on.

Well if you are going to do it all yourself, take some time figure out how things come off (eg door covers) that way you won't rush things and break anything.

THe hardest part is mounting the amp itself and making it sit nice and straight. The rest of it (wiring) is pretty easy. All you do is take out the door panels, and interior trim and guide to the amp.

The best place to ground the amp is at the seat belt anchor.

Also, you might have a little trouble feeding the wiring from the inside of the car to the splits in the front doors.

Before you get all your equipment, take the car apart and have a dry run, so you can get straight into it when you get everything.

Gluck!
    thanks for info. i have already done ALOT of research. and i found a place, that showed me how to pull the dash off to put the headunit in.

but as for the door panels i haven't found any info yet. i don't think it should be tooo hard, cause in my ford, there are little screw covers over the screws.

thanks for telling me where to run the ground for my amp. everyone has just told me to run near the spare tyre.

anyway, where/how do you guys run your wiring from your splitz in the doors? cause i'm going to place splitz in the door. but just curious where to place the wires when it comes to installation. thanks

Newcomer Array
    ok so you are wondering how to get the wires from the under your dash to inside your door? If so there should be a gromit between the door and chassis. Tape your speaker wires to a coat hanger or piece of wire and simply bend/ flex the wire to feed though to the speaker position.

Quote Originally Posted by Cino
    ok so you are wondering how to get the wires from the under your dash to inside your door? If so there should be a gromit between the door and chassis. Tape your speaker wires to a coat hanger or piece of wire and simply bend/ flex the wire to feed though to the speaker position.
    is there any other way?
    cause i will be installing a headunit, which i know i have to remove the entire dash.
    as for the door panels. i don't know how to remove them, but will have to, since i need to fit my 6' inchs in there

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    That is the best way. If you find it hard to feed the wires through the grommit which leads into the door, then just squeeze the wire between the grommit and the car body and then run it into the door.

I taped mine up with electrical tape to protect it.

To get the door off, on my EG there were basically 2 screws. One behind the door handle, and one through the coin pocket thingy. After that, there are clips which hold it in place so you can just pop it off.

PS: Remember you will have to take the plastic door handle off which connects to the door open/close mechanism.

Hope that helps.

That is the best way. If you find it hard to feed the wires through the grommit which leads into the door, then just squeeze the wire between the grommit and the car body and then run it into the door.

I taped mine up with electrical tape to protect it.

To get the door off, on my EG there were basically 2 screws. One behind the door handle, and one through the coin pocket thingy. After that, there are clips which hold it in place so you can just pop it off.

PS: Remember you will have to take the plastic door handle off which connects to the door open/close mechanism.

Hope that helps.
    thanks mate.
    is it difficult to re-attach the door open/close mechanism?
    is it possible to stuff it up so that i won't be able to open the door? lol