Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    LOL do it with the door open

Its a small piece of plastic so it is possible to break it. Just be patient and carefull.

The small piece of metal (which actuates the lock) snaps into a piece of plastic, you just have to snap it off (no, don't snap the plastic!).

All this is on an EG. EK should be very similar. Just take your time and go through it.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Newcomer Array
    You will also have to take the widow winder off, unless its electric. To get the winder off, there will be a clip in between the winder and the trim. Simply get a piece of wire bend the tip back with pliers and hook it around the clip and reef it out, but dont lose the clip.

I would recomend that you feed the wires through the gromit, coz you dont want the speaker wire to fray if it gets caught, even if you insulate it with tape there is always a risk of the wire touching an earth and shorting out your system

Quote Originally Posted by Cino
    You will also have to take the widow winder off, unless its electric. To get the winder off, there will be a clip in between the winder and the trim. Simply get a piece of wire bend the tip back with pliers and hook it around the clip and reef it out, but dont lose the clip.

I would recomend that you feed the wires through the gromit, coz you dont want the speaker wire to fray if it gets caught, even if you insulate it with tape there is always a risk of the wire touching an earth and shorting out your system
    thanks wynode

as for the feeding the wire through the grommet.
    do you guys mean to attach the NEW speaker wire, to the wires that are inside the wiring loom, which leads from the door to the dash board side.

like when you open the door you can see it?????

Newcomer Array
    Lets go back a step for the speakers. Are they going to be running off a head unit or amp?

Quote Originally Posted by Cino
    Lets go back a step for the speakers. Are they going to be running off a head unit or amp?
    front speakers: i will install 2 splitz and run off amp
    rear speakers: run the stock speakers on the headunit

Newcomer Array
    Ok so you need to run wires into the doors from the crossover. So depending on where abouts you mount the crossover run the wires into the gromit and connect to the speakers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    To install a whole system like this you may need to do the following:
    strip the whole car, that means seats and the side of the carpets and door trims and stuff. you might also wanna grab a few friends to help you. and you need a weekend. the wires (power and rca's etc) run under the carpet on either side of the car, depending where your battery is and stuff and also where your amp will be.
    I think a 12" sub is good for any car. Have you asked the pros all of these questions? They should be able to help you out. Go to Autobarn or somewhere and they should help you out. If you want, get them to install it if you're really unsure of what you're doing. Maybe watch them do it so that you can learn, so next time, do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r
    To install a whole system like this you may need to do the following:
    strip the whole car, that means seats and the side of the carpets and door trims and stuff. you might also wanna grab a few friends to help you. and you need a weekend. the wires (power and rca's etc) run under the carpet on either side of the car, depending where your battery is and stuff and also where your amp will be.
    I think a 12" sub is good for any car. Have you asked the pros all of these questions? They should be able to help you out. Go to Autobarn or somewhere and they should help you out. If you want, get them to install it if you're really unsure of what you're doing. Maybe watch them do it so that you can learn, so next time, do it yourself
    thanks,
    but i have read up on it and it seems to be clear. a few questions on it though. about where to place teh inline fuse. and if i actually solder it to the wire.

i'm a member of caraudioaustralia. and was going to offer someone $50 - $100 to come out to my place and do it for me.
    that is the wiring and the speakers.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Battery fuse: Place it as close the the battery as possible (usually a few CM away
    Trigger cable (tells your amp when to turn on) have this closest to the HU (a few cm away).

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Battery fuse: Place it as close the the battery as possible (usually a few CM away
    Trigger cable (tells your amp when to turn on) have this closest to the HU (a few cm away).

Hope that helps.
    i thought with the trigger cable, it ran from the headunit to the amp.
    since my amp is in the boot it won't be a few centimetres away it will be a bit further? is that alright?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz_syd

Hope that helps.
    since my amp is in the boot it won't be a few centimetres away it will be a bit further? is that alright?
    LOL I meant have the FUSE a few centimeters from the HU (to protect the HU)

Quote Originally Posted by blitz_syd

Hope that helps.
    LOL I meant have the FUSE a few centimeters from the HU (to protect the HU)
    you have me TOTALLY CONFUSED.

so i need two fuses than?