Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2007 GLI

Service at Honda Dealer (Melbourne)

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a second hand honda Jazz 1.3 GLI (CVT). Its 22K done and is a black one. Its still under Honda manufacturer warranty till end of 2012.

So far so good. Got it last week and took it to John Blair honda (Melbourne) service station for it to be serviced.

I asked them to check the Transmission fluid as i hear from this forum about lot of CVT issues. So I asked them to check if it is required to change the CVT fluid and would be happy to replace the CVT fluid if required. They said they will confirm with me once they inspect it.

My question is should i insist them to change it or go with their advice. Basically once the car has come out of servicing I wouldn't take it for servicing for next 6 months. So I don't want to develop a problem on my transmission and then run behind honda.

As experienced users here with Jazz, you guys must know what should i do with my transmission fluid.

Regards,
    Peru.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2007 GLI
    Ok Picked up the car from the Dealer and its suggested on the paper that it is not required and fluid is in good condition. Its good that they could give it in writing and would help me to validate, I tried to take a step to precaution even without Honda suggesting me.
    Thanks for whomever watched this.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Should be okay as long as no knocklehead in the dealership used ATF-Z1 (auto tranny fluid) in the CVT.......

non-manual tranny is not honda's strong suit these days, so some vigilance is required

heres some food for thought:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.artsautomotive.com/about/78-genuine-fluids
    CVT fluid was introduced around 1996 for the Civic HX with the Continuously Variable Transmission. It is also used in Honda's Insight Hybrid, and the 2003 and newer Civic Hybrids. Servicing this fluid is crucial to the operation of the transmission, and it appears the condition will have a direct effect on start-up judder (shaking on initial acceleration). This is a known issue with Honda CVTs, and your first order of business as an owner should be to contact your Honda dealership to determine whether you're eligible for warranty coverage. They should be able to confirm this over the phone, so you don't risk wasting money. Due to the finnickey nature of this fluid, we strongly recommend fluid service every 15k, AND whenever necessary during the oil changes.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2007 GLI
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Should be okay as long as no knocklehead in the dealership used ATF-Z1 (auto tranny fluid) in the CVT.......

non-manual tranny is not honda's strong suit these days, so some vigilance is required

heres some food for thought:
    So What i understand is
    1. Change the fluid at 15K km range and the fluid i should look for is AFT-Z1?
    2. Any other fluid recommended?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    No, no, I didn't explain properly sorry, you should Use the Honda CVT oil (CVT-F) or any other synthetic CVT oil (once out of warranty). NOT the ATF-z1, in fact there's a warning label on some of the ATF-z1 bottles saying "do not use in CVT"...

More info here in regards to CVT and fluid
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...hlight=CVT+ATF
    Last edited by Fredoops; 13-09-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2007 GLI
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    No, no, I didn't explain properly sorry, you should Use the Honda CVT oil (CVT-F) or any other synthetic CVT oil (once out of warranty). NOT the ATF-z1, in fact there's a warning label on some of the ATF-z1 bottles saying "do not use in CVT"...

More info here in regards to CVT and fluid
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...hlight=CVT+ATF
    Hi Fredoops,
    Thanks for the followup. I definately understand the difference and the importance of CVT-F.
    Much appreaciate your help and will follow your advise.
    Regards,
    Peru.