Question Euro MY12 - central locking questions

Hi everyone, I'm new here so please be nie to me :-)

I purchased my first Honda today, one year old Accord Euro MY12. Yay!!!
    12,000km, looks and drives like new.

I made my eyes bleed going through the really thick manual book, but a few things I couldn't suss out are:

- When unlocking the door with the remote key you press the unlock button once and the driver's door is unlocked, you press it once more and all doors unlock. Can this be changed so that one press of a button unlocks all doors? I had Mitsubishi Magna some years ago and this was configurable.

- When unlocking or locking the doors the visual signal is given, but no audio signal (horn chirp). Is this "enableable" ? (hah, that's a new English word, I guess)

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelex View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here so please be nie to me :-)
    Welcome to Ozhonda.

I purchased my first Honda today, one year old Accord Euro MY12. Yay!!!
    12,000km, looks and drives like new.
    There is a dedicated Accord Euro Subforum, which should be a better location to ask question on euros.

I made my eyes bleed going through the really thick manual book, but a few things I couldn't suss out are:

- When unlocking the door with the remote key you press the unlock button once and the driver's door is unlocked, you press it once more and all doors unlock. Can this be changed so that one press of a button unlocks all doors? I had Mitsubishi Magna some years ago and this was configurable.
    No.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi Stelex
    My Euro is only a few weeks old, and I'm very impressed.

For my money, opening only the driver's door on the first push of the remote button not only saves wear and tear on the other door locks, but it's a good security feature, in that it stops a villain hopping in the passenger's door, to hijack the car.

CHEERS
    NOEL

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    [QUOTE=noel;3840648]Hi Stelex
    My Euro is only a few weeks old, and I'm very impressed.

For my money, opening only the driver's door on the first push of the remote button not only saves wear and tear on the other door locks, but it's a good security feature, in that it stops a villain hopping in the passenger's door, to hijack the car.

UPDATE I posted that in October 2013, but now, nearly one year down the track, I'm really impressed. The car has done only 8,000 k's, but is loosening up well and is a joy to drive.

I recently dropped the keys into the boot and closed the lid, with - you guessed it, all doors locked! I soon found out just how effective is the Honda alarm and locking system!!!!!!! The driver's window was down a little (dogs in the car), so I reached inside, popped the locking snib and opened the door. Of course the bloody alarm went off, didn't it?

I jumped inside only to find that the remote boot release button was de-activated and there was no other way to access the boot. Luckily, the incident occurred less than two kilometres from home, so I hopped a taxi and retrieved our spare key.

Back at the scene of the crime, I inserted the key in the ignition - and the alarm resumed its blast. I could not remember having seen how to reset the alarm in the 600-odd page owner's manual, but a hasty call to Honda Roadside Assist soon had the answer. In case you're wondering: insert key, turn on ignition (something like that) open and close driver's door, then lock with the button on the armrest. Voila - we were back in business!

The pertinent question has gotta be - what happens if no spare key is close by? Seems to me that the 'brick treatment' would be useless (unless the key had been dropped inside the car) and the car would have to be towed to a dealer. After that, who knows! UNLESS roadside assist people have something similar to a pass key. Do they - anybody know? Anybody had a similar experience? Anybody?

My solution to prevent lockout - simply unlock all doors and open and close one, before venturing to the boot. Obviously, the spare key goes along on a trip.

CHEERS
    NOEL