Need cheap car key re-programmed?

Hi Guys,

I just bought Civic 07 Sport, and the owner said he lost the second key. I called up Honda and they charge $480 for it (new key, cut and programmed + central locking).

Is there a cheaper way to do it? I noticed I can buy blank key off ebay, and get it cut somewhere else, but how about the immobiliser, central locking or the chip? Where to get it done?

Regards,
    Confused owner
    Last edited by siawkia; 12-09-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    You will need a dealership to get the immobiliser linked to the blipper on the new key which doesn't take long at all, but all stealerships charge huge amounts for it.

You'll be lucky if you can get it done cheaper. If you can, please update I need a 2nd key too!

stance > fenders

I just called MrMinit they charged $170 includes everything except the central locking.
    Or $70 if I can supply my own.

But I need the central lock!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 09
    there is a guy at fairfield markets on sats he might be able to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Buffalo key & lock in Ryde do it for $75 but no remote. Includes key supplied
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Thanks guys, but what about remote? Any place to do it? Other than Honda dealers.

I am based in Perth btw.

Quote Originally Posted by siawkia View Post
    Thanks guys, but what about remote? Any place to do it? Other than Honda dealers.

I am based in Perth btw.
    burswood honda $350, there is 1 place but cost similar at beaufort st mt lawley , $320
    I've done it at Burswood honda.

thanks boogil, any idea where about in mt lawley? what's the business name?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Siawkia,

buy an uncut key from the U.S on eBay for around $70 (it has lock, unlock and panic buttons) which has an immobiliser chip too.

Then take it to a locksmith to cut (you will need a key code to cut it which your dealer can provide).

After that take the key to your local dealer who should charge a maximum of $65 to program it. If they charge any more than that take it somewhere else.

All up you're looking at around:

$70 for blank
    $25 for cutting
    $65 for programming

=

$160 all up.

Good luck
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    mate i got aset of uncut keys here T5 ones. i even got a dude that can come and do it for you
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

thanks for the responses guys.

does programming means immobiliser, etc? or is it include central locking?
    If it's central locking they only say, go to honda dealer, i want to know if there is anyone that can do central locking other than honda dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by siawkia View Post
    thanks boogil, any idea where about in mt lawley? what's the business name?
    I was searching on google key word "key cut honda civic FD" but I remember it was On Beaufort st after walcott st before the next traffic on the left if you are from city.