Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    I noticed this too when i drive at low speeds. Solution? Never drive at low speeds.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro

Talking

I agree the throttle takes getting used to with drive by wire. I've had my euro for over a week now and my only problem is that I find it hard to want to keep my foot off the pedal. Those speed limits come up awfully fast when running through the gears.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    yeah i find it real jerky at low speeds too

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Shhh, keep it down mate. We don't want too many more people buying Euros... We need to say it is an "ok car"- - that is the common message we should be sending.
    i stand corrected
    HONDA ACCORD EUROS ARE CRAP ok!!
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    I don't notice this when I drive the car. That is not impossible - I just said it.

I have read on acurazine that no throttle input = car turns off the fuel injectors - that is what people think causes the jerkiness when you re-apply throttle. Sounds more like fuel management than DBW.
    Dude. I didn't say the jerkiness was caused by DBW. All I was saying is that IT IS jerky when you get back on the throttle. You said you don't notice it when you drive your car, which is not possible because it has nothing to do with how you drive the car. It's just how the car is.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    Dude. I didn't say the jerkiness was caused by DBW. All I was saying is that IT IS jerky when you get back on the throttle. You said you don't notice it when you drive your car, which is not possible because it has nothing to do with how you drive the car. It's just how the car is.
    Yup, the most irritating thing I find is at low speeds in 1st gear when the revs are around 1000rpm, the DBW can't decide whether to shut the injectors or to spray, so it sprays, stop, sprays, stop, and gives you a nice horse ride while you are at that low speeds. Hehehe... I stay above 4000rpm.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I said I don't notice it - why is that so hard to believe. The Euro is no more jerky to me than other manual cars I have driven. I am not saying you are not noticing this - I just think there are other things that are clearly obvious to me - like how the car tramlines, steering alignment, or the engine responsiveness day to day.

When I drive it today - I will see if I can replicate what you guys are talking about at low speeds.
    Last edited by yfin; 16-02-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I only find 1st gear can be a bit jerky when trying to go slow in first.
    Definately the instant response from DBW and unsteady foot.
    Me trying to drive slow rarely happens though!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    I said I don't notice it - why is that so hard to believe. The Euro is no more jerky to me than other manual cars I have driven.
    Just because the other cars you've driven were jerky, doesn't mean the Euro isn't jerky. It's funny how so many of the reviews I've read on the Euro also mentions this issue if it's so normal, not to mention most of the other people here that notice this.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Just because the other cars you've driven were jerky, doesn't mean the Euro isn't jerky. It's funny how so many of the reviews I've read on the Euro also mentions this issue if it's so normal, not to mention most of the other people here that notice this.
    Your point is other people have noticed this and I haven't. So what? I am not saying anyone is wrong here. I accept others have noticed this.

I drove my Euro today at slow speeds trying to see any jerkiness on and off the throttle. The only way I got jerkiness was if I was off the throttle rolling in 1st gear and then gave the throttle a good prod (say 40%+ application). But I don't drive like that at slow speeds - I am progressive on the throttle at slow speeds as it is usually parking situations - eg driving around a car park in 1st gear I will be on and off the throttle slowly. Try it - there is no jerkiness at all when you apply the throttle gently and progressively from low revs. If you want me to shoot a home movie just to prove to you there is no jerkiness when you drive like that - i will.
    Last edited by yfin; 16-02-2005 at 06:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Try it - there is no jerkiness at all when you apply the throttle gently and progressively from low revs.
    It doesn't matter whether you apply throttle progressively or not. If you apply throttle even tiny bit after coming off it completely, there's always slight jerkiness and I'm not talking about slow speed as in 'car park speed'.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Let's just rally Honda into going back to Cable yeah?

Besides, they claimed that it was based on the NSX's fly by wire system, I've driven the NSX before and it feels so different from the Euros... Much Better That Is !
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru