Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    It doesn't matter whether you apply throttle progressively or not. If you apply throttle even tiny bit after coming off it completely, there's always slight jerkiness and I'm not talking about slow speed as in 'car park speed'.
    Well that is your experience in your car. No jerkiness with progressive application in my car - even your reference to "tiny bit" aplication - doesn't happen in my car. This thread sucks - you just don't believe anything people say unless you see it with your own eyes.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Well that is your experience in your car. No jerkiness with progressive application in my car - even your reference to "tiny bit" aplication - doesn't happen in my car. This thread sucks - you just don't believe anything people say unless you see it with your own eyes.
    Because that's just how Euro is, unless you have a custom made Euro or something. No, it's not just my experience.

Talking of throttle control, the electronic system has a small dead spot at zero percent opening, making for a little jerk each time you get off and then back on the accelerator.
    About the only downer in the driveline is a glitch when getting on and off the accelerator. Initially we thought it was a driveline snatch but further into the test we decided that it was associated with the action of the electronic throttle. The slight jerk makes smooth gear changes difficult, and it's noticeable that the cruise control can also be jerky when feeding power back in after descending a hill.
    These quotes were taken from Autoweb's review of the Euro, which explains exactly what I'm talking about. From my memory, Wheels or Motors, or both, mentions this in their reviews as well. I don't need to see it with my eyes because it's the same in all Euro's. Judging by your comment about taking home video footage for proof, it's very obvious you are not getting what I'm talking about. Even if you take home video footage, it won't show on the video. It's one of those things that you can only feel when you are actually in the car.

If you still insist that it doesn't happen on your car, fine. I have no interest in convincing you otherwise. I know it to be a fact anyway.
    Last edited by coladuna; 17-02-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I have seen those quotes before and I know what you are talking about. To say it happens EVERY application on and off the throttle is not correct. The home video comment was a joke - by the way.

Does everyone agree with Coladuna that this happens with EVERY application of the throttle - I disagree. It is not as consistent as that in my opinion.
    Last edited by yfin; 18-02-2005 at 07:14 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Guys this "jerk" you are talking about, does it only apply with a Manual Euro ?

Reason being lately in my auto i feel a vibration as i take my foot off the brake and gently apply onto the accelerator.

Im not sure what it is, but i hope its not due to the fact that i usually rape my tiptronic around the twisties for 300km at a time , each week.
    To compliment my fear of a damaged tranny, when i shift from P to R it is seldomly smooth but occassionaly makes a loud jolt.

Both cars that i have owned have electronic throttle and on both cars have felt tempermental and b*tchy.
    If i rest my foot on the footrest (where the clutch is for u manual guys) or just have my foot idling on the accelerator, i feel vibration.

Of course this thing i experience is intermittent.

Again it could be totally unrelated to what yous are talking about here
    Hope i am not thread jacking
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    I have seen those quotes before and I know what you are talking about. To say it happens EVERY application on and off the throttle is not correct. The home video comment was a joke - by the way.
    When did I say it happens EVERYTIME? It doesn't. I can't exactly say when it happens but it certainly does happen frequently.
    What's incorrect is to say that it doesn't happen at all.
    Last edited by coladuna; 18-02-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by exISeuro
    Guys this "jerk" you are talking about, does it only apply with a Manual Euro ?
    Judging by what you've wrote, I don't think you are talking about the same thing. This jerking is not really a vibration. I guess it feels like someone's pushing you into the seat lightly whenever this happens.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    It doesn't matter whether you apply throttle progressively or not. If you apply throttle even tiny bit after coming off it completely, there's always slight jerkiness and I'm not talking about slow speed as in 'car park speed'.
    Here is where you say it. There is ALWAYS slight jerkiness. You also adopted those quotes from the magazine articles which by assumption I thought you agreed with. Those comments in the article - I think you agree are wrong - it doesn't happen EVERY time.

I never said it doesn't happen either - I just said I didn't NOTICE it - read my threads. It was only when you commented that was "impossible" - I tested it out like I explained in this thread. I then discovered it DOES happen - but only in certain circumstances.

It is obvious other people don't notice this - why the question by another owner about whether this happens in the auto? Why - because they don't notice it either!

At the end of the day - we both agree to the same thing - it DOES happen - it CAN be JERKY. It has obviously never been enough, however, for me to notice until now.

I think we can remain in disagreement about the progressive / vs non progressive application of throttle business.
    Last edited by yfin; 18-02-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury; Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by splashalot2000
    Hi

Have test driven a 6-sp manual Accord Euro - love it - except for the throttle, which was very jerky on light openings, esp. going slightly downhill.

Is there a cure for this, or does one have to live with it. For me, it spoiled an otherwise oustanding car.

SS
    Thanks to all for your replies. It seems this is a fairly common issue with the Euro. In regards to my original query - does anyone know of a cure for it? I'd have thought it is just a matter of altering the ECU mapping for fuel cut-off points on light throttle openings. I must admit I'm a little surprised that Honda haven't released a fix for this, given their outstanding engineering abilities. Perhaps if all you owners start bombarding Honda Aus with e-mails of complaint they will do something about it

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Here is where you say it. There is ALWAYS slight jerkiness. You also adopted those quotes from the magazine articles which by assumption I thought you agreed with. Those comments in the article - I think you agree are wrong - it doesn't happen EVERY time.
    Yes, it does happen EVERYTIME in CERTAIN situations. That's what I mean. For example, in situations where you come off the throttle to slow down to a red traffic light and it changes to green, if you get on the throttle to speed up again, it will always result in jerkiness. I think you are wrong, not me. Either you are not very sensitive about these things or you don't know what you are talking about at all.

I never said it doesn't happen either - I just said I didn't NOTICE it - read my threads. It was only when you commented that was "impossible" - I tested it out like I explained in this thread. I then discovered it DOES happen - but only in certain circumstances.
    Dude, by saying you don't NOTICE it, you are saying it doesn't happen in your car. What else can it mean? Oh I know. It does happen but you don't notice it because you are slow? Sorry, but I don't remember you ever saying that it does happen at all.

It is obvious other people don't notice this - why the question by another owner about whether this happens in the auto? Why - because they don't notice it either!
    I don't know whether this happens in the auto or not. What does that have to do with anything? You have a funny way of coming to a conclusion. I don't see anyone agreeing with you. In fact, there seems to be more people who agrees that it happens than the ones who don't.

At the end of the day - we both agree to the same thing - it DOES happen - it CAN be JERKY. It has obviously never been enough, however, for me to notice until now
    Something you have never ever said until now. It amazes me how slow people can be when it comes to noticing these things. How could you not notice it after driving it for so long? It's as clear as day and night.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Dude, by saying you don't NOTICE it, you are saying it doesn't happen in your car. What else can it mean? Oh I know. It does happen but you don't notice it because you are slow? Sorry, but I don't remember you ever saying that it does happen at all.
    I didn't notice it - big deal. I never said all others must be wrong - I just said I have not NOTICED what you were referring to. You have a very strange understanding of what the word NOTICE means. I am speaking ENGLISH - so read an english dictionary - then you will know what I mean by saying - I DID NOT NOTICE this.

And good on you for saying I am slow - a personal attack is always going to prove your point. All it does is show your true character.
    Last edited by yfin; 19-02-2005 at 03:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    I didn't notice it - big deal. I never said all others must be wrong - I just said I have not NOTICED what you were referring to. You have a very strange understanding of what the word NOTICE means. I am speaking ENGLISH - so read an english dictionary - then you will know what I mean by saying - I DID NOT NOTICE this.

And good on you for saying I am slow - a personal attack is always going to prove your point. All it does is show your true character.
    come on guys now its going too far..so what he doesnt notice it BIG DEAL get over it .......some guys enjoy fat chicks and some dont BIG DEAL and some guys notice the jerkiness and some dont BIG DEAL. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT IT IS THERE AND WHETHER HE NOTICES IT OR NOT ONLY HE CAN DECIDE AND IF HE DOESNT THATS GREAT.BUT IN THE END BIG DEAL.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    come on guys now its going too far..so what he doesnt notice it BIG DEAL get over it .......some guys enjoy fat chicks and some dont BIG DEAL and some guys notice the jerkiness and some dont BIG DEAL. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT IT IS THERE AND WHETHER HE NOTICES IT OR NOT ONLY HE CAN DECIDE AND IF HE DOESNT THATS GREAT.BUT IN THE END BIG DEAL.
    Yeah guys there's no need to take this so seriously.

LMAO at the fat chick analogy.