Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2007 GLI

CVT-F prices and purchasing options

Hi there,

I would like to change my CVT-F, When i call the dealers for changing it, i have huge variances in prices, the lowest started from 120$ - 250$. The lowest are much further from Melbourne, and the rest near.

Some of the dealers even told me, until it develops a problem, dont change Pretty sad they suggesting me to wait till it develops an issue, especially when i know there is a issue on cvt.

Anyway, I have decided to change the CVT fluid. I am trying to find out where can i find it bit cheaper, and would also like to understand should that be changed only in dealership or any qualified mechanic can do? I am living in Melbourne and any one who has done CVT-F change with any mechanic please do let me know, I will buy CVT-F and change it with them.

Let me know your comments guys.

-Peru-

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    anyone can change the cvt oil, a few ppl here even do it them selves. i just ask honda to do it when i get it serviced tho.

as for the oil price, maybe the dealers where including installation?
    or different size containers?

i remember Honda North here in perth said something like 140$ for 4L

if u want to do it your self i would imagine the air intake needs to be taken out for the process. but i cant remember exactly.

Anyone know where to get CVT-F in Sydney, preferably north shore?
    The dealer (Col Crawford in Brookvale) says they only have it in big drums for their own use, you cant buy bottles of it.
    I smell bulldust though...

Thankee

Raph the reptile

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thats stupid they just want to charge you so that they can do it.

better off going to another honda shop, not many places that sell automotive stuff would stock it since its only any good for the jazz.

try another dealer.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Hey, you can get 1litre bottles from Honda dealers... well you can at my work anyway. They take 3.25 litres to fill. Be careful if you use non genuine oil. Honda have a warranty extension for certain cvt Honda jazz in a certain vin range and will not cover you if you have non genuine cvtf in your trans..

i've got some for sale which i want to get rid of

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...re-parts-added