Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    my previous car was an 89 NA6 eunos roadster, which in my opinion was the best original MX5, had subtle handling and performance mods.

Loved it.

My 2000 S2000 is by far the best car I have ever owned. Honda took the simplicity and amplified it by using a similar approach to the MX5 - less is more in this case, there is no other car even in the market today which does the same thing. Its raw and simple and thats what I love about it.

my close friend who drives a 350z track loves driving my car, and other than the beautiful exhaust note I dont really like driving his.
    I haven't experienced a RX8, and an EVO is a different target market/league all together.

they laugh that I dont even have cruise control, I laugh and say it wasn't designed for cruising!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Now that I totally agree with.

The original MX-5 was what I love in a car, with the volume set on 7. The S2000 is the same formula, turned up to 11. And my S2000 turbo follows the theme, but turned way up to 22 (psi).

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    very jealous Aus

what you think of my NA6?

S2Krazy Array
    It was overpriced. Thats why so little sold.
    Facts are facts, and the proof is in the sales.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post
    what you think of my NA6?
    Nice tidy unit. But what's under the hood?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    There are more cockroaches than humans. Does that make them better?

There are more Hyundai Excels than S2000s. Same argument.

Ok, so the S doesn't make economic sense. It costs more than a Commodore. Nor does it make practical sense. You can't haul around a nagging wife and 2.4 screaming kids in it.

What you're using as proof here is the results of the general car buying public, mediocrity at it's best. I ascribe to a slightly higher standard.

So when I'm sitting in my mother's basement and she's screaming at me to do my homework nothing beats blasting a few mountain roads in the S and I have no regrets about buying it. Simple as that.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Here's another thought. It's a nice sunny day and I'm out cruising in the S. How many 'practical, economic car' drivers wish they were in my position. I certainly never wish I was in theirs.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    http://justbritish.com/jaguar-xf-is-...of-the-decade/

S2000 came 6th. And that's in a country where a sunny day is rarer than a blue moon.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I agree with Aus and garett. The S2000's purity is its allure. I also thought it was great value when I bought my '03 new - I didn't want an over-priced mid-engined beetle and the other German stuff was just tripe.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by h3nno View Post
    +1 The s2000 is not a MX5 and should not be referred to as one.

I was in the same boat about 2 months before I bought my s2000 I saw a EVO VIII in the central coast for 20K with only 20,000 km on the clock, in some ways I regret not buying it - because it was such a steal, but I am happy with the choice I made.

There is a video on youtube of top gear, s2000 vs z4 vs boxster, Clarkson absoutly loved the s2000. I think they all finished with in a second around the top gear test track. (despite the s2000 coming last)
    Oh oh oh....u mean this one:

http://fliiby.com/file/455947/dj36c54h2s.html

Its what drew me closer to buying one when I first thought about it.

But this is where Sir Clarkson gave it his alll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4_OkORHOqY

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Aus you crack me up. you make the best arguments.!! haha,

its just a shame that Honda will probably never make another car like it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by h3nno View Post
    +1 The s2000 is not a MX5 and should not be referred to as one.

I was in the same boat about 2 months before I bought my s2000 I saw a EVO VIII in the central coast for 20K with only 20,000 km on the clock, in some ways I regret not buying it - because it was such a steal, but I am happy with the choice I made.

There is a video on youtube of top gear, s2000 vs z4 vs boxster, Clarkson absoutly loved the s2000. I think they all finished with in a second around the top gear test track. (despite the s2000 coming last)
    Yea totally. I think you misunderstood. I hate it being referred to as an MX5, its happened to many times. But the fact is, power wise it is like an MX5 till Vtec.