Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000

what I love about my car.

Hi guys

I had a debate with a mate of mine who drives an 04 renault megane sport 225 (fat bum)
    he said that an S2000 being 75k new, for the money you don't get alot of car for your money

I debated saying the S2000 isn't about what it has but what it doesn't have.
    The S2 is a pure drivers car which hasn't the need for gizmos/ gadgets, heated seats, wank wank etc.

if i wanted a computer id buy a mac book pro, if I wanted a car id buy an S2000
    I love that its only designed for the driver.
    All controls are at the drivers fingertips, the stereo is hidden away as its not important.
    its you, the wheel, the gear knob and a raging tacho lighting up infront of your eyes.

my grandma could get in his megane and do a good lap time, as there are that many computers to keep the car on the track, the S2000 on the other hand requires a real driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post
    Hi guys

I had a debate with a mate of mine who drives an 04 renault megane sport 225 (fat bum)
    he said that an S2000 being 75k new, for the money you don't get alot of car for your money

The S2 is a pure drivers car which hasn't the need for gizmos/ gadgets, heated seats, wank wank etc.

All controls are at the drivers fingertips, the stereo is hidden away as its not important.
    its you, the wheel, the gear knob and a raging tacho lighting up infront of your eyes.

my grandma could get in his megane and do a good lap time, as there are that many computers to keep the car on the track, the S2000 on the other hand requires a real driver.
    Real driver with a really big wallet. + a continuous income to keep up with the up keep costs.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Real driver with a really big wallet. + a continuous income to keep up with the up keep costs.
    from your posts it sounds like it. you must really love it!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I see the S2000 as a case of balance rather than excess. It has everything it needs to be a performance sports car without any extra bells and whistles to dilute it's purpose. In my mind anyone who would favour a front wheel drive car over a rear wheel drive car because it has more cup holders ain't got their head on straight.

And in most people's case it doesn't cost that much as long as you maintain it properly and bought a good one in the first place.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post
    Hi guys

For a road car, the S2000 is fairly pure and raw as a drivers car. In its original form, apart from ABS, there were no electronics to keep you on the road. The other thing to remember, is that when the S2000 was released, one could argue that its competition was over-priced (i.e. Z3, Boxster, SLK320). IMO, Honda don't do a great job of evolving their performance cars, and compounded by stiff competition in 2003 from completely new cars like the 350Z, RX8, EVO, and an evolved/improved Z3 (read Z4) and Boxster, the unchanged S2000 was no longer as attractive.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 9large View Post
    compounded by stiff competition in 2003 from completely new cars like the 350Z, RX8, EVO, and an evolved/improved Z3 (read Z4) and Boxster, the unchanged S2000 was no longer as attractive.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. The 350Z is was very good value for money but it has a truck engine. The RX8 was a complete let down and the EVO is a Lancer (albeit a very fast one). The Z3/4 and Boxsters were either more money for less performance or a lot more money for the same.

And out of all of them, only the S2000 is built by hand, in low volume, and with any sort of passion.

That said, the sales figures back up your opinion. But for me, I still would have bought the S2000.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    The 2 face-ness off the S2000 is awesome.. An MX5 until 5500. And the fact that the bitches love it..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Almost as much as they love to be referred to as 'bitches' I expect.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 15-09-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I see what you're trying to say VeYzZii, but I hate it when the S2000 is referred to as an MX5...

Well, I'd be in the same boat (or is it car?) as you Aus. For what I wanted, none of those cars really matched what I was after for the price (although I almost bought an EVO8 instead). BUT, for the average person who probably doesn't understand - or is after - what the S2000 was designed for, the other options post-2003 were more attractive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Almost as much as they love to be referred to as 'bitches' I expect.
    Oath.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 9large View Post
    I see what you're trying to say VeYzZii, but I hate it when the S2000 is referred to as an MX5...

Well, I'd be in the same boat (or is it car?) as you Aus. For what I wanted, none of those cars really matched what I was after for the price (although I almost bought an EVO8 instead). BUT, for the average person who probably doesn't understand - or is after - what the S2000 was designed for, the other options post-2003 were more attractive.
    +1 The s2000 is not a MX5 and should not be referred to as one.

I was in the same boat about 2 months before I bought my s2000 I saw a EVO VIII in the central coast for 20K with only 20,000 km on the clock, in some ways I regret not buying it - because it was such a steal, but I am happy with the choice I made.

There is a video on youtube of top gear, s2000 vs z4 vs boxster, Clarkson absoutly loved the s2000. I think they all finished with in a second around the top gear test track. (despite the s2000 coming last)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Out here in the sticks, with no Honda dealer for miles, very few people have ever heard of an S2000. Even fewer have knowingly seen one.

When I slip around town, as quietly as I would in a Jazz, most locals think I'm just another hair dresses, in my MX5, & pay no attention. This is exactly what I want.

When on my way home, I catch old farmer Jim, in his 20 year old diesel Hilux cruising at 85Km/H I can slip past quietly in 6Th, & he'll probably not notice me.

However if I'm in a hurry, & there is not a Km of open road, I can blast past in 3Rd, & keep going. Farmer Jim will probably think "bl00dy idiot hair dresser", & then forget me.

I love it that everyone out here thinks it's just another MX5, it keeps me anonomus.