Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nEED yOUR hELP

nEED yOUR hELP

ok well im comming up 16 in a few weeks and i wanna get a honda civic. i can only spend 11,000 on the car. my question is wat year/model civic should i get and what should i do to it to peak it performance? also wat body kit etc could i add, wat u recomend?

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    There's alot of info on these forums already regarding all those questions. Especially the performance enhancement. Use the search button up the top or just read back through the threads.

My advice would be to hang around these forums for a while, read as much as you can. Just so you know what model civics there are and the characteristics of each of them. As far as I've seen there isn't a "dud" civic to watch out for. They simply vary in performance and options. So just get one that suits your needs. By the sounds of things you're after as much performance as you can get, so probalby look for a si or vti eg. So these would be early to mid 90's models. Get one with as low k's and in as good condition as possible.

Check out the appearance forum for lots of civic pictures to maybe find a kit you like.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    yeh, with 11,000, id personally go for a 94-95 eg vti, they have good performance and if you find a decent one, u'll be left with a couple of grand to do some mods/body hit to the car, but then again, dun forget to keep some on the side for rego and insurance, haha

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    buy a $5-6,000 Civic Breeze and then use the leftover $$ to go B-series swap and some suspension

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    i dont really think a 16y old should already be doing engine swaps lol

just get a VTi or Si

Member Array
    Car:
    GD1, EK4R,
    yea im 16 and i agree with aimre
    Im will be gettin either a civic coupe vti-r or a civic coupe vti
    i think they are both awesome cars you cant go wrong with civics hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    Just look around for a good deal. I recently got a 95 vti eg hatch, 111000 kms, 16inch mags, lowered, xforce exhaust system, b16a engine convertion, clear tails, custom sound, guages etc. for 11 g

Was so damn happy to finally find a b16a took me about 4 months of hardcore searching :P

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    You're 16 and you're in Victoria.. You can't even drive yet and you are buying a car? Why not save the dosh dosh till you're 18 and then buy the car? Just curious..
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    your not going to get a vti-r coupe for 11000. Prices vary from state to state so why dont you just pick up the trading post and go look for prices of cars. Go to car yards and look at cars you like the look of etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    there is a EG6 for 12,000 all done up on the exclusive forums...get that... i would have

yeh an EG6 might fit that description
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

thnax guys i reckon il get a 94-95 eg vti like Dynsaty sed, and btw i live in SA and i need a car coz i crashed my mums car whiel driving to mcdonalds so shes buying me one, also coz i got good grades last year. and for the EG6 is that more powerfull than the eg vti? or should i jsut stick with the vti since im a new. and btw it wasnt my fault i crashed the car.