Member Array
    Car:
    ek civic coupe

ek swap info needed

it turns out having an ek instead of an eg makes my life slightly more interesting. lots of swap info on eg's. my plan is to put a b16a in my ek which has a d16. all i need to know is
    1.what axles and mounts to use? my common sense is telling me to use vtir ones.
    2.need help in wiring. i assume i will need to add wiring for the vtec solinoid etc. need as much accurate wiring info as possible.

3. if i were to put a gsr b18c could i use the same axles and mounts as the b16a swap or go hasport parts, and again wiring info

thanks peeps (and yes i have used the search button, whored it in fact)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK B18c
    From memory...

Axels: B series should be the same, important thing is to get the half-shaft (intermediate shaft) that corresponds with the engine you are putting in. After that, any b series manual axels should do.

Mounts: your mounts are fine, it is your brackets that are different. You will need a rear engine bracket and LH engine bracket off an EK4. I got these off ebay fairly cheap. In the US the car is a 'Si', so search for that. I had trouble getting a hold of second hand ones.

Wiring: assuming you are currently vtec-less, you will need to wire in Vtec pressure switch, Vtec solenoid and knock sensor. The rest depends on obd versions I think. E.g. there are different distributor plugs for different versions. If you're dropping in a B18c2 and depending on your ECU choice, you will need to wire in the IAB for the secondary butterflies I think.

Try google search, there is plenty of info on US sites especially. Take the above as a rough guide, it's been awhile since my swap and I've tried to forget it.

Joel

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    1. Use the VTIR ones, all the B's are the same barring later model ITR ones which the outer ends have a larger diameter
    2. Sorry wiring was not my strong point
    3. B18c (GSR, i'm assuming you mean vtir) all the same
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION