Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak

160,000 km service

Im looking to service my car at the end of this month, and i was wondering i could grab a few opinions about what products to use

I do take my revs up to 4-5k rpm fairly regularly and maybe give it a good 1-2minute thrashing during the week by letting it go all the way to 7200 rpm.

doesnt have any work done to the engine. besides an icebox and ETD.

My main problem is i cannot decide what oil to use!

As stated in my thread title, the car has done 160 000 kms, i owned this car at 150 000. the car has missed in the entire service history one service interval between 110 000 - 120 000. The next service or the 130000 service was done at 125 000 kms. I am convinced that the car has been fed mineral oil all this time. Very sure this car has been through different brands of oil besides FEO.

Im thinking of either of the three oils for my engine to use im looking to switch to synthetic
    -FEO (if im believeing synthetic will worsen my car)
    -FEO Ultra (simply because its honda)
    -Castrol Edge 10w-40. (My favourite off the shelf brand, but not sure whether or not will it reveal oil leaks for quite a while)
    Only out of these 3 oils as my budget is limited and the portion of service money is allocated to only be able to afford these i suppose.

What i would like to do though is to import Mobil 1 High Mileaged Advance fully synthetic oil though. Product sounds ideal.

But i dont think that is affordable in my price range at the moment as i plan to also replace the oil filter, spark plugs, valve adjusting and valve gasket replacement discs and pads. I've also read on other forums that the fuel filter is recommended in the Acura TSX books to be replaced at 160,000 kms? (in their units 96,000 miles). Is this really necessary? Doesnt the fuel filter sit in the fuel tank? Are they actually insisting on this to be done? or is it just a way for the dealerships to make money easily.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by cheapdouchebag; 20-09-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Hey man.. I would replace the fuel filter if I was you bacause the fuel filters are on replaced every 80,000 and then 160,000. If the 80,000 wasn't done at a dealer it more than likely has never been replaced.. It is an intank filter that you can access thru the boot. It's located just behind the back seat.. As for your oil.. I'd just stick to to genuine feo or feo ultra only because it made for Honda engines as it has additives that the other oils don't have... Everyone has diferent opinions about engine oil tho.. Also at 160,000 your valve clearances are due to be adjusted... Unfortunately it's an expensive service..

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    If you are in Melbourne hit up performancelub.com, they are in greensborough or something, They have M1 HM cheap.

Or In Sydney hit up nick from GL lubricants they have M1 HM as well

From above dealers you are looking at between $12-14 per quart, and I think they do 6 quart deals, so it'll end up cheaper for you.

Honda FEO... Let's just say not many people in US uses Honda oil for their Acuras, hell even most the Honda dealers here dont use them. Hit up Bobostheoilguy.com, the general consensus on Honda FEO oil... Is to use something else... lol
    Last edited by Fredoops; 20-09-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Yer have a look at my thread about 180km service I would do all of what I did if your car hasnt been serviced in a while. Or if your doubtful its done correctly

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Ps... There's NOTHING special about Honda FEO....

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/...p/t-15028.html
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    fantastic link Fredoops! champion. ordered and ordered. Almost the same price as castrol edge off the shelf at supercheap haha. cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    I work at a Honda dealer and Castrol supply the base oil and Honda australia add additives to the oil.. That's what they said at our last meeting but.. There probaby full of shit anyway.. Haha