Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2

[CD5] f22 turbo or h22a conversion

Hey guys, I recently bought a 96 accord vti CD5. I was just wondering if anyone has either turbocharged an f22 or done a h22a conversion? Was hoping for some opinions so I make the right choice.. I think a turbo kit will be alot cheaper but I don't know how my f22 will handle it. Has done 190,000kms..
    Thanks for any advise in advance..

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Both can be done. What is your budget and desired power output?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    I was hoping to budget around 4k Im a Honda mechanic so lucky I don't have to pay for labor but I work at a dealership so I never really get to do any performance upgrades. So I'm new to turbo charging.. I'm pretty sure that the h22a conversion will be more expensive but I don't know what the power difference with a turbo kit for the f22 compared to a h22a....

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    H22a Reliable 200+hp on average. Turbo F22 as much power as you can afford but it does pay to do it once do it right when it comes to a turbo conversion.

H22a Conversion:

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-...AdIdZ313701295

It is a cheap conversion specially if your a mechanic you just gotta have a good search on the webs.

Good luck
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Exactly that, I would probably go H22A with that budget as well.

Here's one for $800:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...22a-jdm-engine

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Thanks guys.
    I'm going to tryn find a front cut so I have the loom an ecu and everything but they look abit cheaper than I thought..
    even if I can just get a loom I can get a spoon ecu..
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Yep, I think that was the part Craig was referring to when he said "a good search on the webs"

Keep us posted.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Haha yeah I only got it afterwards haha. I'll try a wrecker that my work use for the loom.. I'll keep trying..

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Shipping for an engine from sydney to Adelaide would be alot wouldn't it.. Adelaide is so shit for parts. There one decent Honda wrecker here.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Don't worry Gold Coast is crap for parts aswell.... Good luck with the conversion. My accord has a H22a conversion done it use to be turbo but the engine blew and got replaced with another front cut H22a.

I had a Turbo eg civic that was 190kw, Hondata sc300 on factory internals it lasted for a couple of years but slowy started showing signs of wear and tear on the engine.

There's a bunch of good guys to ask and talk to about this conversion on OZACCORD.COM! I think there are a few guys from down your way too!
    CD5REPZ