I actually ordered the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and am waiting for it. I did so much research it's not funny. After all that research, the AVH-P4300DVD had the best interface/speed/usability etc. than all the others in the same price range. Research and read as many reviews as you can. People can disagree with me but from a ridiculous amount of hours reading reviews and research, the Clarion X401 apparently has an unrefined interface, the Sony's are very slow and the general consensus on the Kenwoods is they are not as refined or sound as good as the Pioneer.

Again, this is just from reading as many reviews as I could. The Pioneer and Sony are the only ones that come with a 7" screen in the price range worth looking at. If you check US reviews a lot of people bought the Sony/Clarions and returned them to get the Pioneer. Also, AVH-P4300DVD is the US version. Everything is exactly the same as the Australian model except it only plays region 1 DVDs (we are region 4). The Australian model is AVH-P4350DVD. I couldn't justify the extra money to play DVDs and lets be honest, how many of us actually have DVDs? AVIs/DIVX FTW lol

I love how clean it looks installed, and how the USB plug and AUX port etc are all at the back, and comes with long cables so you can route it wherever you want in the car (glove box/centre console/armrest etc). I hate USB's and cables sticking out the front of my dash... I ordered mine with the optional bluetooth module (apparently not as good as some integrated ones but good nonetheless).

Good luck with the purchase. I couldn't believe how much cheaper US prices are. I found speakers I bought from JB hifi at 'cost price' for almost half from the US! Same with an amp I've been eyeing. I couldn't help myself when I saw it and bought it. Buy from a reputable US site, rather than ebay for simple peace of mind. And hey, I've never had a head unit die but if it lasts 2 years for 1/2 the price, might as well just replace it with a newer model when it comes out...