Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek1

Double din unit for a dc5r

Hi guys,

As the title states, I am in search for a double din head unit to replace my stock unit for my dc5r. I'm looking for one that plays mp3, DVDs, divx , iPhone compatible, USB compatible , Bluetooth..basically the essentials. Also one that has a 'clean' finish.

Now as far as my research is concerned I've ruled out alpine purely because it's pricy. I'm eyeing pioneer, jvc, and kenwood respectively. Ive also ruled out generic ebay ones as they wont last very long. Can anyone recommend a decent double din headunit and any experiences dealt with them?

At the moment I am eyeing a specific pioneer hd called 'pioneer avh-p4300 DVD
    7''. It's got really good reviews and looks good as well. Is anyone using this at the moment? And does it fit perfectly in a dc5r? Btw it is going for 450 on eBay.

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    bumpp

Member Array
    Car:
    ek.k24a
    buddy please dont go ebay if ur looking for something buy a clarion vx401 it has everything u want and ur asking for there cheap easy to use and easy to fit trust me

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    whats wrong with eBay? personally i dont see a problem in saving 50% off the same thing you can get in a store locally...

i'm in the same boat as Neil112, except i'm looking at the JVC with reverse camera included also around $450. i've found youtube has some really good user reviews and shows you what the interface looks like/works like...

Member Array
    Car:
    ek.k24a
    if u buy something from a shop and experience problems warrenty thex can fix ect
    ebay buy it put it in 2 weeks boom **** u take it somewhere the wont touch it because its from ebay
    trust me i used to work in the stereo industry and eveytime we heard ebay they we sent packing

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Thanks for recommending that clarion one daan..I'll look into it.

You're right slow.ek1 about ebay products..I heard that they stuff up easily and also if you are getting one from U.S that has a dvd feature, you cannot play the dvd since the region is different.

Anyone heard of the JVC KW-AVX726 AV Centre? Looks awesome!!! Does anyone know if jvc are reliable and produce good sound?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    whats double din?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    its the size of 2 single din google it

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Will this sit nicely in a dc5r eg52nv?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Does a 7 inch double din dvd player fit in a dc5r ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    All dc5's have double din slots, so yes..
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I currently have the Pioneer 3350BT in the car and im loving it. It seems to check all your needs 'mp3, DVDs, divx , iPhone compatibility, USB compatibility , Bluetooth etc however the screen is only 5.8inches which may be the downside.
    Before getting my headunit i tried researching about it and finding reviews and i reckon this youtube video best shows what its capable of. (The title of the video says its a Pioneer 3300BT, however mine is a Pioneer 3350BT and it looks and functions exactly the same)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DUB...gf5HQ&index=10