Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by jordiiisme View Post
    I currently have the Pioneer 3350BT in the car and im loving it. It seems to check all your needs 'mp3, DVDs, divx , iPhone compatibility, USB compatibility , Bluetooth etc however the screen is only 5.8inches which may be the downside.
    Before getting my headunit i tried researching about it and finding reviews and i reckon this youtube video best shows what its capable of. (The title of the video says its a Pioneer 3300BT, however mine is a Pioneer 3350BT and it looks and functions exactly the same)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DUB...gf5HQ&index=10
    Thanks for sharing that link.. The features on this head unit is really good and has everything that you need! the only downside is the look of it, personally it doesn't have a 'clean/flush ' look

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Has anyone ever used the jvc double din avx710? If so, how did u find it? Would it fit a dc5r perfectly or do I need to make changes? Ive been advised that it should fit fine, just want some clarification. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I actually ordered the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and am waiting for it. I did so much research it's not funny. After all that research, the AVH-P4300DVD had the best interface/speed/usability etc. than all the others in the same price range. Research and read as many reviews as you can. People can disagree with me but from a ridiculous amount of hours reading reviews and research, the Clarion X401 apparently has an unrefined interface, the Sony's are very slow and the general consensus on the Kenwoods is they are not as refined or sound as good as the Pioneer.

Again, this is just from reading as many reviews as I could. The Pioneer and Sony are the only ones that come with a 7" screen in the price range worth looking at. If you check US reviews a lot of people bought the Sony/Clarions and returned them to get the Pioneer. Also, AVH-P4300DVD is the US version. Everything is exactly the same as the Australian model except it only plays region 1 DVDs (we are region 4). The Australian model is AVH-P4350DVD. I couldn't justify the extra money to play DVDs and lets be honest, how many of us actually have DVDs? AVIs/DIVX FTW lol

I love how clean it looks installed, and how the USB plug and AUX port etc are all at the back, and comes with long cables so you can route it wherever you want in the car (glove box/centre console/armrest etc). I hate USB's and cables sticking out the front of my dash... I ordered mine with the optional bluetooth module (apparently not as good as some integrated ones but good nonetheless).

Good luck with the purchase. I couldn't believe how much cheaper US prices are. I found speakers I bought from JB hifi at 'cost price' for almost half from the US! Same with an amp I've been eyeing. I couldn't help myself when I saw it and bought it. Buy from a reputable US site, rather than ebay for simple peace of mind. And hey, I've never had a head unit die but if it lasts 2 years for 1/2 the price, might as well just replace it with a newer model when it comes out...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    ^ Wow. Very concise

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1112 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that link.. The features on this head unit is really good and has everything that you need! the only downside is the look of it, personally it doesn't have a 'clean/flush ' look
    Yeah i know what you mean. I believe the video help shows the capabilities and features of the pioneer headunit in great detail and i believe it's exactly, if not, very similar to the Pioneer AVH-4350DVD. I personally like the look of the AVH-3350 and that's why i chose it but since you want a more clean/flush look i reckon the AVH-4350DVD is perfect. And as androo pointed out, you will need to get the optional bluetooth module if you want bluetooth.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    v
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    I actually ordered the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and am waiting for it. I did so much research it's not funny. After all that research, the AVH-P4300DVD had the best interface/speed/usability etc. than all the others in the same price range. Research and read as many reviews as you can. People can disagree with me but from a ridiculous amount of hours reading reviews and research, the Clarion X401 apparently has an unrefined interface, the Sony's are very slow and the general consensus on the Kenwoods is they are not as refined or sound as good as the Pioneer.

Again, this is just from reading as many reviews as I could. The Pioneer and Sony are the only ones that come with a 7" screen in the price range worth looking at. If you check US reviews a lot of people bought the Sony/Clarions and returned them to get the Pioneer. Also, AVH-P4300DVD is the US version. Everything is exactly the same as the Australian model except it only plays region 1 DVDs (we are region 4). The Australian model is AVH-P4350DVD. I couldn't justify the extra money to play DVDs and lets be honest, how many of us actually have DVDs? AVIs/DIVX FTW lol

I love how clean it looks installed, and how the USB plug and AUX port etc are all at the back, and comes with long cables so you can route it wherever you want in the car (glove box/centre console/armrest etc). I hate USB's and cables sticking out the front of my dash... I ordered mine with the optional bluetooth module (apparently not as good as some integrated ones but good nonetheless).

Good luck with the purchase. I couldn't believe how much cheaper US prices are. I found speakers I bought from JB hifi at 'cost price' for almost half from the US! Same with an amp I've been eyeing. I couldn't help myself when I saw it and bought it. Buy from a reputable US site, rather than ebay for simple peace of mind. And hey, I've never had a head unit die but if it lasts 2 years for 1/2 the price, might as well just replace it with a newer model when it comes out...
    Really appreciate your advice man..very specific! ..I checked out the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and P4350DVD (Australian version) and your definitely correct about paying the extra 150-200 bucks to play dvds lol.

Where did you order your one? and how much in total?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Pm'd you site and price I bought it from =]

The Pioneer 3350BT is also very good. I was considering it. It has much better bluetooth integration than the AVH-P4300DVD and cheaper. But I preferred the clean looks of the AVH-P4300DVD. I tried my hardest to buy the 3350BT but right at the end I caved and got the AVH-P4300DVD...

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Neil you PM'd me but your inbox is full. To answer you question:

I bought the bluetooth kit which is the http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...CD-BTB200.html

It will be very easy to install. Just like any other install (slide out your current one, install the new one). Also, if you put your car details in they will send you a free dash kit and wiring loom so it will be plug and play! Easy peezy (no wire splicing). Here's a pic of it in a DC5 (got it off google). Nice car man. Looking out for a nice DC5S or DC5R at the moment myself.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1450/hu3x.jpg

Good luck man. Let me know. I'll let you know how it is when I get mine.

Guys, getting heaps of PM's regarding where to buy. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-P4300DVD.html is where I ordered it from. If you buy a head unit and put in your car's model number etc. they will give you a free wiring harness and free dash kit so everything will be nice and easy. Good luck guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Hey Androo,

Thats sexy as!! I'll order it end of this week.

Thanks again

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Just wanted to share some pics of the pioneer AVH-4350 DVD installed in my DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Very nice. Might have to post pics of my install in my FN2R!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Und11e View Post
    Just wanted to share some pics of the pioneer AVH-4350 DVD installed in my DC5R

Very nice Andy, awesome guy that did your install.. Lol