Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: [CL9] Euro Mods

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Legal issues with missing VSA (whether they can find it is beside the point)

As to cruise, we're a bloody big country.... You try to drive from Sydney to Melbourne without cruise. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vaikis View Post
    I had a chat with Marcus, at the moment it would be solution for TSX only. For CL9 it can take ages to make
    So did I, TSX IS CL9 btw, I'd like to see what he's actually cooking before I make a judgement, he keeping mum at the moment. should his system be able to emulate oem ecu factory settings (which is kinda necessary if he wants to make it a Multi-ecu capable system he's claiming) then it won't be hard to use it for any CL9 since the EVAP and fuel tank pressure sensors woont be disturbed, so is the different VSA sensor setup between AUDM and USDM.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 16-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9/Type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Legal issues with missing VSA (whether they can find it is beside the point)

As to cruise, we're a bloody big country.... You try to drive from Sydney to Melbourne without cruise. :-)

So did I, TSX IS CL9 btw, I'd like to see what he's actually cooking before I make a judgement, he keeping mum at the moment. should his system be able to emulate oem ecu factory settings (which is kinda necessary if he wants to make it a Multi-ecu capable system he's claiming) then it won't be hard to use it for any CL9 since the EVAP and fuel tank pressure sensors woont be disturbed, so is the different VSA sensor setup between AUDM and USDM.
    I know what is TSX and CL9. Marcus is cooking somethink like piggyback, you will need to connect to oem ECU. All VSA settings is in our oem ECU's, idle control also done with oem ECU, I saw cracked .bin file in which is possible to change all settings in our ECU's. Russian guys are reflashing CL9 ECU's with different settings long time ago - same as Hondata Reflash but without any check engine light in dash
    Last edited by vaikis; 16-12-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    Freedoops you forgot to put Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 in your list.

Yes, it's a wire in dual installation.
    Yes, you keep cruise control
    Yes, you keep VSA (even though its useless and not illegal to disable)

I get the opinion on this forum, especially in this thread that people do MINIMAL actual research (apart from trolling) and are hardly willing to spend more than 1k on any aspect of modifications.

Maybe best to "ask E-Bay" which ecu to use?

If anyone is serious about doing any ecu work, CHIN THE FK UP! And run a dual system.
    FORGET VSA, FORGET CRUISE CONTROL
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9/Type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by shmivic View Post
    Freedoops you forgot to put Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 in your list.

Yes, it's a wire in dual installation.
    Yes, you keep cruise control
    Yes, you keep VSA (even though its useless and not illegal to disable)

I get the opinion on this forum, especially in this thread that people do MINIMAL actual research (apart from trolling) and are hardly willing to spend more than 1k on any aspect of modifications.

Maybe best to "ask E-Bay" which ecu to use?

If anyone is serious about doing any ecu work, CHIN THE FK UP! And run a dual system.
    FORGET VSA, FORGET CRUISE CONTROL
    +++++++
    I think dual K-Pro setup is best one, as it has such good features like lamda overlay ant etc. It's easy to make safe tune with minimal knowledge
    Last edited by vaikis; 16-12-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I dont care about vsa or cruise to be honest i just got told i may get alternatives for next to nothing. I was aboit to get kpro but got told to wait and good things may happen

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9/Type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    I dont care about vsa or cruise to be honest i just got told i may get alternatives for next to nothing. I was aboit to get kpro but got told to wait and good things may happen
    there won't be any good things or alternatives, forget this, nobody wants to invest in small market. OEM CL9 ECU don't have full CAN bus support, so there won't be such solutions like Flashpro for TSX 07-08. I had a long chat with Doug from Hondata. My suggestion take K-Pro and you would be more then happy, easy to tune, good tuner community and etc. If you want I can sell my spare kit for CL9 all plug and play
    Last edited by vaikis; 16-12-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    So i found a turbo at my uncles house. its from a 1993 lancer gsr. what you think running about 8psi? will be getting it reconditioned though. just want about 220kw.

anyone know where to get a manifold or will i need to get a custome one looking for a sidewinder not at the back.

should i worry about internals on such low boost. IE pistons

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Funnily enough there's turbo manifolds for k24 on eBay, else you are looking at a custom jobbie. But either way you are looking at quite a bit of custom piping.

EDIT, else look for : JVT K series top mount cast manifold

Low psi should be good, you'd probably want something with low lag... I have doubts about putting a 20yo turbo in there. Having an old turbo reconditioned in a shop vs buying a new one, A new turbocharger dont cost all that much to be honest, it's more about picking the correct one. http://www.turboneticsinc.com/choose_turbocharger

Ps: it's been done before.
    http://www.ovguide.com/video/jeffs-2...111ea641c4e4ba
    http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715909
    Last edited by Fredoops; 30-12-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    So i found a turbo at my uncles house. its from a 1993 lancer gsr. what you think running about 8psi? will be getting it reconditioned though. just want about 220kw.

anyone know where to get a manifold or will i need to get a custome one looking for a sidewinder not at the back.

should i worry about internals on such low boost. IE pistons

Thats a smallish turbo for the k24 and the power band would be all down low. The car that the turbo is from was a 1.8 and run with around 14psi from memory. And not only the manifold but the intercooler? expensive exercise.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    A new T04E turbo is only $700 odd dollars with ball bearing.

Now I wonder how much HP/TQ a frankinstein motor makes

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    well its pretty interesting if you have the dosh. Do you go for low down torque with a smallish turbo or do you go bigger and have that big midrange and some top end....or the big turbo for that big hit up top.

You can get cheaper turbos then the official garrett stuff nowadays. They are copies but for the price you really cant knock them as they do the job still. Cheaper then buying a "brand" name turbo and getting it rebuilt.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Well for 300 hp (220KW) Marquee wanted @ 8psi, you'll need something like the T04E... it;s not a "small" turbo per-se is it? (thats actually a question, im no expert of snail sizes)

I couldnt imagine a T04E would be terribly expansive, a lot of Skyline folkes run them so theres plenty on the 2nd hand market.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 30-12-2011 at 05:48 PM.