Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC5S Noise when disengaging clutch

Hi guys

Had my DC5S for almost 2 years now
    and suddently this morning when I shift between gears, the front end of the car would make a "KOON" noise
    it happens in every gear, but more noise when disengaging First gear then Second gear
    and so on
    The noise happens simutaneously with disengaging clutch
    Other than the noise, the car drives normal and rev normal

Any suggestion for what is happening?

Thanks a lot

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I have a similar issue, In lower gears when disengaging the clutch it makes what I would describe as a moaning noise but only every now and again and more so if the clutch gets a lot of work eg: to get out of my driveway which is quite steep I have to creep out slowly riding the clutch a bit so I don't hit anyone walking past or in stop start traffic. My car also drives and revs fine

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Hey guys, I've had a few type Rs and s2000s with the same noise the problem I found was with the clutch pressure plates. The springs in the pressure plates had lost there tension causing the noise that you have described.. I replaced there clutch kits and noise was gone..

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    pressure plate, or release bearing.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Thanks for the input guys
    So does that mean I need to take the gear box out and replace the whole clutch?
    that sounds like an expensive fix

would this sound happen to be like a little "squeak" and u can feel it on your leg?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Also, could be engine mount.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Try all other avenues before removing the clutch. Issues like clutch pressure plate will result in more than just noisy issues. I had gears that became extremely difficult to engage when my pressure plate died.

Hi guys

WATAJK: No, the noise it make is not a high pitch squeak. It sounds like the clutch has bang into something

munkaii: um... Sometimes it is hard to shift in to first gear. And sometimes it will pop out of second gear. But that happens like long before the noise occur.

I think I will take the car to a mechanic to have it check out on Monday

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Also, could be engine mount.
    Not encouraging lol can you tell visually if your engine mounts are stuffed? Or do they need to be removed to be checked?
    Last edited by Oz_Striker; 26-09-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Common for the rear mount to break - this will give a clunk type noise as the entire engine shifts and the header hits the swaybar - only really when shifting into 1st at low speed for example. Try revving your engine in neutral with the bonnet open - see if there is excessive movement in the engine pitch ( forwards/backwards)

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pigcheap View Post
    Hi guys

Had my DC5S for almost 2 years now
    and suddently this morning when I shift between gears, the front end of the car would make a "KOON" noise
    it happens in every gear, but more noise when disengaging First gear then Second gear
    and so on
    The noise happens simutaneously with disengaging clutch
    Other than the noise, the car drives normal and rev normal

Any suggestion for what is happening?

Thanks a lot
    I would suggest changing/checking your engine mounts. I would upgrade them to somthing a little more heavy duty i.e innovative, hasport