Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    I wont use EBC green for anything more than autokhanas type of event dude.

At the track dont be surprised they turn into goo after a few hard laps.

Had a set of EBC yellows ( which is much more track orientated than the greens, and to a lesser extent the reds ) on 262mm setup on my eg when I started to track it a few years back and even that wilted badly after only 3 hard laps so they were marginal. I later upgraded to 282mm brakes not so much for the braking power but for the longevity of the pads and rotors due to more surface area.

Pics above taken after the track day I had, as you can see as it got hot the pad material started to crumble and filled up the slots and very high wear on rotor surface. Rotors only got up to 450C or so, way below the max temp rating of EBC's 700C. Pad material became very brittle after that also.

Yonas sells EBC yellows and Ferodo DS2500 pads right? If they can be sourced in time they would be much more suitable for your track assault than the EBC greens.

There are others performance pads that you could source from brake shops that doesnt break the bank, such as the Ferodo Formula ( old name TS2000 ) which isnt that far off DS2500 performance and lot cheaper as it's made in thailand and marketed as a road pad instead of Ferodo racing pad. I had the TS2000 in my eg with 282mm brakes setup initially and was suprised how good they were at the track despite the temp ratings being only up to 500C instead of the DS2500's 650-700C. The ds2500 did have more feel esp at light braking apps and from cold however; but price wise the ts2000 was only just over $100 when I bought mine, compared to $250+ for the ds2500 at the time.
    Last edited by EG30; 26-09-2011 at 09:05 PM.