Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: im a HID nub!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    nah i cant replicate it, it was a Projector retro fit i saw. it looked cool.

i just want cooler white lights. cooler as in colour. thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    lol says the guy who was trying to compare MTECs to Osram Rallye. There's always people who insist using HIDs in reflector housings, see it all the time on American forums... *sigh*
    I did say HID's...

I'm not insisting on using HID's in reflectors, all I'm saying is it's not as bad as people (you) make it out to be.. They're very easy to install rather than retrofitting projectors which could be even worse if not installed correctly..
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Couldn't be bothered reading all the above but I thought I might add if it hasn't been said already.

It is not illegal to have HIDs in reflector housing

If is not legal to just put HIDs into projector housing

Common denominator is having headlight washer jets installed to the car this is the sole requirement to make HIDs legal. Regardless of projector housing or not.

Sorry if that was already mentioned
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    I did say HID's...

I'm not insisting on using HID's in reflectors, all I'm saying is it's not as bad as people (you) make it out to be.. They're very easy to install rather than retrofitting projectors which could be even worse if not installed correctly..
    You were talking about halogen bulbs before...

I have never seen HID in reflectors that are not bad. Maybe we have different expectations of how light should look on the road along with all the other candlepower forums people. But seriously who would spend time and money on HIDs and fitting in their reflector housings then worry about others on the road. They would just ignore it even if they know it's wrong.

EG52NV: putting HIDs in projector housing doesn't automatically make it legal. However it does help other drivers on the road the most. HIDs in reflector housing is illegal too, it's already been mentioned here...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...l-or-illegal..

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Xenon-...item2a14126222

with the above ^

theoretically i should just be able to mount them inside my headlight housing yeah?

but what about the wiring how is that done? i just splice the existing ones? and match it to the kit?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    You were talking about halogen bulbs before...

I have never seen HID in reflectors that are not bad. Maybe we have different expectations of how light should look on the road along with all the other candlepower forums people. But seriously who would spend time and money on HIDs and fitting in their reflector housings then worry about others on the road. They would just ignore it even if they know it's wrong.

EG52NV: putting HIDs in projector housing doesn't automatically make it legal. However it does help other drivers on the road the most. HIDs in reflector housing is illegal too, it's already been mentioned here...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...l-or-illegal..
    Fact is, reflector housing have come factory with HIDs in the past. These cars were all fitted with head light washer jet systems. Therefore brings me to the point that there is no reason why a correctly setup reflector housed HID system cannot be legal.

If people wanna know more about factory reflector housing hid systems I'd suggest you start by looking up on google for cars which ran stock D2R hid bulbs.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ok lets get this straight

I dont care if its legal, illegal, grey zone.
    the fact of the matter is i want them and i want to install them in the manner that give me optimum use of the light.

i also wanna know how the wiring works and if with the projector kit i mentioned above would be good suitable

D2R is used in old cars and are non existant is new cars. They also have a special ceramic coating in an attempt to control glare. Projector housings and D2S was pretty much the solution to this problem so I don't really know why ur bringing this old bulb up... it's like how old cars didn't have seat belts and now they do.

It's a long process to make it legal, projectors, self leveling, etc. Then it has to be tested and an engineers certificate needs to be issued. I don't really care if it's legal or not as long as no one is blinded.

The best setup apart from factory HIDs is simply 4300K with projectors. Then you don't have to worry about adjusting it lower and can get maximum visibility which should be the point of getting HIDs, not get some 8000K - 12000K bulbs to look cool

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Went to the snows in a mates brand new Mitsubishi 4wd with factory HIDs and my oh my, the road was so well lit it was like driving during day time even though everything else around you was pitch black!

Back on topic the factory reflector housing on the jazz is designed quote well, when I had HIDs in mine the ground was very evenly lit but nothing compared to a fully test factory projector hid setup! Still very good tho, I've also put HIDs into my old ek4 reflector housing and fcuk that was a disaster! Hot spots and glare everywhere on the ground no matter how I aimed it!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Yes the HIDs on the new cars are amazing! I have 4300K in projectors myself and I love them. Problem is when it rains I still prefer my other car running halogens. The more yellow tint is great for bad conditions.

Lucky I got some yellow halogen foggies to go with the HIDs, they're great for rain.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    ok lets get this straight

I dont care if its legal, illegal, grey zone.
    the fact of the matter is i want them and i want to install them in the manner that give me optimum use of the light.

i also wanna know how the wiring works and if with the projector kit i mentioned above would be good suitable
    Dude, search on google. You will find much better answers than you will on here!

As I said before, I would suggest you just buy a projector style aftermarket headlight, yes they might be a bit more expensive but the time you will save and possibly a headlight (if you melt the one you have now in the oven trying to pry the cover off).

Either that, or send it to a reputable shop that will do it for you..

It seems like you have no clue nor do you have the skill set to build up a foundation of knowledge on undergoing such a modification.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i know how to open it. im just asking if the wires require splicing or if theres any funny business that i would need to know about the wires. or any good tips.

i would rather spend 80$ on hid projectors, and accidently over cooking the housing, then spend 700$ to get pre made ones from taiwan.