Member Array
    Car:
    integra

sca jump starts AKA BOOSTER PACKS

Notsure if this is the right place to ask but ill ask anyway
    Any other users ever owned SCA Jump Start
    I was looking at getting one of these for myself
    @$175 for 1900amp model seems to tell me no reason why not too
    ive got a few project cars that i need to mover around month or so (and im hopeless at maintaining batteries)

just wondering if anyone had any experience with using this product (or other sca jumpstart)

I have googled it and most people seem to say it does the job even for v8s (one of my projects is a v8 4 litre)
    but no one mentions if its possible to jump start a car with a completely dead battery using one

Also if not SCA any other brand recomendation would be good as well as long as you let me know where you can buy it from
    thanks

Hey champ i work at SCA, coming from a team members view they are quite decent. We don't get any returned or recalled, never had any warranty issues and custoemrs are generally happy with them

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    any ideas if they can start cars with a completely rooted battery?
    ive heard ppl say some booster packs can start cars without a battery even

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I work at a car yard and use jumper packs often, including the SCA one.

if the battery is completely rooted dead. One jumper pack won't start it, you'll need two.

But 95% of the time, it will do the job.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Checkout the Repco ones, also good quality.

Just be aware that most booster packs wont work if the battery has under 3v.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Usually it wont start a fully dead car. I have had the odd occasion or two where i've directly hooked up the jumper to a car with no battery at all and it started. all depends on car it self though!

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    true that
    urm rskebaby how do you you hook up two jump starters 2 one battery terminal (seems small place to connect 2 alligator clips)

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    connect them both in parallel

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I also work at sca and i've only witness one return. But in that situation the customer tried to use a 1200 amp jump starter and said it wouldn't even turn on. We exchanged it for a 1900 amp one and he never came back.
    Most of the time they work but it also depends on the condition of the battery.