Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Another turbocharged S2000 close to completion

Here are a few pictures of my toy with
    2.34 and 2.4 times the stock power at 14 and 16psi respectively.
    My tuner refused to wind up the boost and said I am crazy when I asked for more boost
    Car is currently only on 14 psi.

Thanks to
    De Nguyen and the boys @ D&D Motor
    Keir Wilson, Peter Hall and the boys @ Willall Racing
    Gordon@ AAA Exhaust

and my tuner, Martin Donnon

what kinda power you getting atw? very nice!

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    Awesome what kind of set up are you running, be interested in knowing your final power out atw also

looks like a TD07 turbo?
    please give more specs of set-up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nice car man!!!!!!!!!!!1 how many kw at wheel do you get???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Quote "My tuner refused to wind up the boost and said I am crazy when I asked for more boost "

hahaha poor guy, wht does it take to get more boost nowadays. damm nice ride. looks clean!

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Is that Turbo a TD05/TD06 Hybrid by any chance?

BTW... I'm DROOOOOOOLING....At Your Car
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    freaken nice ride... with POWER

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    that martin dude writes for HPI doesnt he?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by makaland
    Quote "My tuner refused to wind up the boost and said I am crazy when I asked for more boost "

hahaha poor guy, wht does it take to get more boost nowadays. damm nice ride. looks clean!

hehehe thanks mate...it does sound like a little kid asking for a candy doesn't it

It's quite easy to turn up the boost actually.
    I am using an aem ems computer with a gm boost solenoid
    increasing boost is just a matter of hooking up a laptop to the car, set the WG map to a higher boost, do a few runs and download the log, check for knocks and AF, then make appropriate changes if necessary.

It's all fairly easy and I can do it myself....... but it's something that I don't do without my tuner. It's just a mutual trust thing. I don't want to stuff up his work and he doesn't want to stuff up my engine. I wish you guys should see the way this chap tune car. He usually is a very jovial person but his concentration is exceptional when he tunes. He paid attention to every minute changes in his surrounding.....yes he's an author in a number of magazines......bloody good tuner if you ask me though

You guys are so good and almost got it right with the turbo.
    It's a T67 turbo. We are still experimenting with the turbo selection. I am only at 50% efficiency with this turbo, so I may use a smaller turbo for more midrange....well may be. The car puts out 125wkw stock. It's 29xrwkw with 14psi and 302rwkw at 16.

There are a few more things that need to be done to the car (ignition cap, water/methanol injection, diff, gearbox etc etc) but at least it's drivable atm. I took it up the hill over the weekend and wished that I have a different electronic boost controller so I can turn the boost down. Coming out of corner at 14 psi is too dangerous in 2nd gear.....especially in touge mode

I will post more pics when it's completed.
    Last edited by 9krpm; 15-02-2005 at 06:22 PM.

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    fark T67 !

We wound one of those puppies on a SR20 180 sx last year and got over 550HP @wheels.

GO Honda. I want to see a real engine beat that. Then i will rest in comfort

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    thats nuts man,

nice ride