Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    its the same as any other honda..you have minor services to major services..maintenance is high depending on how you drive..just buy 1 and you wont regret it

I'm a little unsure on the comparison.. are we talking:

5th gen lude vtir vs DC5R???
    or
    5th gen lude vtir vs DC2R?
    or
    5th gen lude vtir vs DC2 vtir

etc...

or even 4th gen lude vtir

i mean the comparison results can vary very differently here

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    Type R = pure performance, recaro's light, built for track - 147kw (estimate
    Teg VTIR = performance with some luxuries - 128kw (estimate)
    Prelude VTIR = performance and luxury -147kw (estimate)

each car was designed for different segments of the market...the prelude is a cruiser car with style, but still has the power..i mean theres alot about all the cars..it just comes down to general choice and what you want in the end..watever you choose you will be happy with..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accird Euro
    So based on your estimate a 5th gen VTiR has the same power as the Type R teg? Cool, but the only thing that makes the difference if you put the 2 cars together is the weight difference right?

Weight and torque are the main differences in my experience. Prelude is a much better daily driver because of the torque and suspension (even though torque still feels a bit lacking without comparing to the R). It does weigh about 200kg more than the R, but it also has 30+ Nm more peak torque (arriving lower) and I'm sure the torque curve at low revs is noticeably healthier.

Type R though is lighter, stiffer, and geared much lower. Also I notice power in VTEC is much stronger. It does a pretty decent job at low revs, but still makes the prelude seem quite torquey in comparison. In a spirited drive however, the VTEC scream always gives me goosebumps. and the handling is much better than a standard prelude (lude handling is still fantastic).

If you can stand the stiffer ride, I reckon a prelude with coilovers is a great compromise. Handling, torque and VTEC power

Having owned both I would say it comes down to exactly what do you want out of the car?

If you intend to participate in track days and drag racing, the Integra is above all more durable and has a list of mods from here to high heaven giving you endless stuff to waste your money on and get power gains. Having said that you need to wring its neck to get some real speed, but dammit it makes the blood rush.

If you want a car that is an absolute pleasure to drive, has 'enough go' and all the mod cons get the Prelude. They are an 'easy' drive, nice low down torque, low cabin noise, smoooooooth ride.

Really, it comes down to what you want the car for. A good driver in a Prelude will hammer a average driver in a Integra..... the Prelude's are still very capable cars.

Also worth thinking about is the fact that a Prelude is a smaller interior and as a result if your REALLY tall you might have some cramping issues, especially if you want to put a helmet on. The DC2R's are much better than the Lude's and the DC5R is like a limo .

Personally, when im hooning and out at the track I would take the integra any day of the week, they just seem so made for it, they never give up. The Prelude on a track feels like its lugging a whole load of extra stuff around.

For long haul journeys, every time I rearranged myself in a Integra's recaro I found myself longing for my Prelude again. They are just so good on the open road. Sitting at 200km/h in a Prelude is a pleasure, in an ITR you either feel like your ears are being abused or your Michael Shumacher. You will feel alot more tired after a long drive in an ITR.

Forget about the 5kw's difference you 'could' get with mods in a DC2R/DC5R over a Prelude, its negligable. If you want to drive fast, spend a lot of time doing driver training. It makes no difference at that point! I know someone who I could hand the keys over to a 3rd gen lude, race him in my DC5R on a track and I still reckon he would beat me.

In the end for me, the ITR is a toy/hobby the Prelude is a luxurious car. For you, whatever floats YOUR boat.

lol well definatley intera, i kinda re-decided a while ago, and especially seeing as im like 6 foot 3

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    u wont regret gettin a teg...awesum cars to hav 'fun' in =)
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

yea, tegs are a bit more civic like in the fact that there are so many things u can do to both exterior and the engine.

if you bought a prelude you wouldn;t wanna be changing to much. =D

GO GET A DC2 VTIR =D

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    they are boths great cars..but il choose the integra over the lude.!! 1.8ltr vs the h22a?? there is not much a big difference..when they are compared on the track!
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by industrie
    Type R = pure performance, recaro's light, built for track - 147kw (estimate
    Teg VTIR = performance with some luxuries - 128kw (estimate)
    Prelude VTIR = performance and luxury -147kw (estimate)

each car was designed for different segments of the market...the prelude is a cruiser car with style, but still has the power..i mean theres alot about all the cars..it just comes down to general choice and what you want in the end..watever you choose you will be happy with..
    once again i dont see how you compare preludes to integras? if you want a fast car get a teg, if you want a cruiser get a prelude...the prelude weighs over 1300 kerb whilst the teg is like 1000 kerb...same power, 300kg weight difference. work it out for yourself...

ok so the prelude has more torque, good luck finding a manual one???? its not gonna happen, automatic transmission is going to restrict the torque anyways...save yourself the pain and the time and just get a teg...
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Cruisers are the nicest!

Manual ones... erm... there's lots.. i.e. mine

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLED
    once again i dont see how you compare preludes to integras? if you want a fast car get a teg, if you want a cruiser get a prelude...the prelude weighs over 1300 kerb whilst the teg is like 1000 kerb...same power, 300kg weight difference. work it out for yourself...

ok so the prelude has more torque, good luck finding a manual one???? its not gonna happen, automatic transmission is going to restrict the torque anyways...save yourself the pain and the time and just get a teg...