Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen4 Lude

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Ok im looking for a final touch to my lude and i have decided to go with a carbon fibre bonnet , the only prob is i cant find anyone in Australia that has them or can import them to suit a gen4 lude. If you know where i may be able to find a bonnet or importer let me know.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    doesnt anyone worry about defects or their insurance not covering them in case of an accident if they have a cd hood?

sure i love cf hoods as much as the next guy but they seem like could be more trouble than they are worth
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

im not sure about getting insurance for them, it should be too hard seeing as its not really a performance mod, even though it makes car lighter it doesnt give extra power. But my mate had one and crashed and it got screwed lol. he was hell pissed off and just put his stock hood back on

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by *LUDE2C*
    Ok im looking for a final touch to my lude and i have decided to go with a carbon fibre bonnet , the only prob is i cant find anyone in Australia that has them or can import them to suit a gen4 lude. If you know where i may be able to find a bonnet or importer let me know.
    Have you spoken to Hondar:
    oz_hondar@yahoo.com <oz_hondar@yahoo.com>
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    doesnt anyone worry about defects or their insurance not covering them in case of an accident if they have a cd hood?

sure i love cf hoods as much as the next guy but they seem like could be more trouble than they are worth
    My insurance covers me. The only thing is that they will replace it with an OEM one if it is damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash_Gordon
    im not sure about getting insurance for them, it should be too hard seeing as its not really a performance mod, even though it makes car lighter it doesnt give extra power. But my mate had one and crashed and it got screwed lol. he was hell pissed off and just put his stock hood back on
    The problem is with CF is that at a point it breaks and splinters, can do more harm to a pedestrian than metal.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    i can get one
    but ur looking at $1000

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    If you find a good CF bonnet.. it should crumble at certain point instead of splintering everywhere on impact. I was reading this somewhere but i forgort where.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen4 Lude
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtron
    i can get one
    but ur looking at $1000
    Tell me more...

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    Its brand new, just got shipped and only got like 2 in the shop for prelude
    if you want it, you can check if its alright than take it

there has only been 1 or 2 installed in vic

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]

nah man^^ id kick a cf hood with hubcaps for sure!!
    oh wrd!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    nah my point is in victoria they are illegal. there are no ADR's for them as of yet.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

is it really illegal there ??...i smoke rock !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Gen4 Lude
    Are they illegal in NSW?