Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    yeh im really keen on gettin one for me teg, not sure if they illegal or not in NSW....are they?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    i wouldnt have a clue
    one way to find out, ring up the police and ask them, than get them to have it in writing incase other cops pull you over for it

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    its $1100 incl postage

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    if u;re in melbourne...i think cyber century has them...visit the springvale store, they tend to be more helpful than the box hill one

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    CF Hoods are illegal throughout Australia due to the fact that they have no crumple zones and they cause more injury.

CF hood is good for 2 things -----> Looks and a few kilograms less...

I'm sure you can remove some stuffs that you don't need in the car to make up the few less kilos
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Cyber Century have low quality cf bonnets. They cheap tho, but you get what you pay for i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    CF Hoods are illegal throughout Australia due to the fact that they have no crumple zones and they cause more injury.

CF hood is good for 2 things -----> Looks and a few kilograms less...

I'm sure you can remove some stuffs that you don't need in the car to make up the few less kilos
    i thought only pure cf hoods were illegal but some hoods with mixed materials were ok.

best thing to do is contact your local RTA, Ive asked them hundreds of questions about rollcages etc and they have always been happy to help me with my questions

i had a JUN cf hood on my ex-civic, and crashed that at a certain speed. i thought i was going to die. but it held up... it didn't splinter, and just crumbled up but pushed right back out... ummmmms but it was full cf, no like half cf half fibre glass or plastic lic cheap ones.... which will kill u... my insurance said to me they don't cover the hood but they do cover the car...

hmm..u sure they are illegal cause i have seen some cars with them, couple s13's around my area had em but i only seen them like once, havent seen it in months now.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by nxx
    hmm..u sure they are illegal cause i have seen some cars with them, couple s13's around my area had em but i only seen them like once, havent seen it in months now.
    CF Bonnets are illegal..
    As are things hanging from the mirrors, neon lights, BOVs and even altezza lights etc... yet people still get them..

Taken from another thread -
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung Munkey
    Full Carbon bonnets are illegal.
    You'll get a nice phat yellow sticker, if caught with one. Cause is your in an accident, the carbon can shatter, in to millions of shards and pearce the windscreen, or others around. And you do need the pins to hold it down.... Its so light, that there the chance that it may fling up in your windscreen.
    While extreemly light, and cool looking, they are illegal and hell expensive for a legitimate full carbon bonnet.
    Last edited by tripitaka; 22-03-2005 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

hmm maybe bov are only illegal in some states, im in wa, my cousin has a bov on his rex, along with about 11tybillion other people.

he has all the permits and stuff and hasnt been pulled over or questioned about it before, i guess wa just pwns for car laws

edit : i asked a local wa cop, he even said that scanners to detect cameras and speed guns are not even illegal in wa either, but in other states they are