Member Array
    Car:
    EG

best suspension option?

Just wondering what you think would be the best option when not wanting to spend a fortune.. but dont want something too cheap.. something that would be perfect for an EG, i plan to spend anywhere upto $1000 on suspension.. Heres the options:

1. set of lowering springs
    2. set of lowering springs & shock absorbers
    3. Coilover Kit

I called pedders and for there full sportsryder extreme suspension kit which includes coil springs, shock absorbers, tower bars and coil over adjustable shocks..
    they quoted me approx $4600 fully installed.. thats too expensive.

Would just a set of lowering springs be any good?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985
    I called pedders and for there full sportsryder extreme suspension kit which includes coil springs, shock absorbers, tower bars and coil over adjustable shocks..
    they quoted me approx $4600 fully installed.. thats too expensive.

thanks
    FAR OUT MAN !!!!! $4k for Pedder's Junk ?? Amazing !! $4k for Pedders is amazing.. I'd much rather Konis and eibach for less than half of that..

SINSTR was quoted $1800 for koni Yellows and eibach springs plus whiteline braces and bars and I thought THAT was a fkn rip-off.. but THIS is amazing !!

For your $1000, for performance, buy a set of 2nd hand Teins, or get some lower-spec coilovers. if you want springs, just buys some 2nd hand 'cheapo' Lovell/kings etc for $50 a corner max.. these will lower your car and slightly stiffen up the suspension ride.

I know D2 Coilovers go for about $1400-1500 NEW.. so forget the pedders junk..

PMSL!!!! $4600!!! For repainted and re-stickered Monroe shocks?

They are theives...... NO BULL!
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    $4600??? FAR OUT!!!!!!!!!

$1800 for Eibacs and Koni yellows is damn good - Eibachs are $500, Konis are ~$1000....

DO NOT GET PEDDERS.

Get , as chooky said - Koni yellows shocks , and eibach springs....and factor in ATLEAST another $250 for a larger rear swaybar , and a wheel alignment !

For a quailty street setup - koni yellows, eibach springs , larger rear swaybar + full alignment ! Start your research with whiteline*CLICK ME* !

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Coilover: Endless B6, HKS HIPER MAX, CUSCO ZERO 2, TEIN RA....etc. There are around $2000. They can adjust softness and hardness and the height. The best quality from Japan.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    pedders y0
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

i agree koni yellows with eibach springs!

while on the topic is koni yellows with kings springs ok?

and wats the quality of whiteline coilovers like?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    4600??? pffffffffffff... thats a joke