Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO

FD civic sports 07+

Hi All,

Have been researching high and low, and am getting mixed feelings about the civic sports model.

I would properly prefer stick shifting over auto trans clearly because I love the revhead feeling.

Has anyone had bad experiences with their civic sports or wished they chose another car over the civic sports? Or do you love the civic and keep on being surprised with it's features

I have a clear head about a new car and sadly will be upgrading from my b16 powered EK.

Just for the records I have been looking into the Euro, civic sports, civic type r (hamster).

Any info will be great

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Overall I’m very happy with my 07 sport (auto, sparkle grey metallic), however don’t expect a rocket ship...I was initially after a mk5 golf GTI but my head said civic (probably a wise choice as the reliability and running cost of the vw compared to the civic are not on par). Very happy with the car, ultra reliable, cheap to run, comfortable, good on fuel..more of a cruiser than a true sports sedan, however the handling is pretty good, and with the sport model you get the sunroof, leather, 17’s ect (mine also has the rear spoiler)..with the paddle shift you can have some fun and works quite well even though the 5 speed box is not a true clutchless manual. Don’t expect mega revs like the Type R hatch but the K20z engine is quite smooth and once going is quite strong. The only thing that annoys me is the lack of remote boot release and in the wet, lack of standard traction control that can catch you out if you sink the boot in (comes standard on 08 models I believe). Unfortunately mine is up for sale soon as I have moved jobs which means I will have to catch the train into the city (no carpark) and I can’t bear to leave it parked at the station all day, so will probably get a runabout to do that..for an 07 , still looks current, and I am pretty fastidious with keeping it detailed, services (full synthetic oil ect)..also I reckon the 07/08’s with the silver 17” EP3 rims look the best, don’t like the new design on the updated models!

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Great review!

That is basically what I'm after. Is there any bolt on k20z mods you can apply or switch the heads over to k20a to gain more power (manual transmission)

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    buy a manny sports, dump it on some light weight rims, few breathing mods, and you have one fun/comfy daily.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by threesix View Post
    buy a manny sports, dump it on some light weight rims, few breathing mods, and you have one fun/comfy daily.
    Manual sports?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    buy a euro... imo it looks just as good and offers more in terms of performance over the fd2

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Thanks for the input, I need to take both for a test run and see which I can accommodate to, I'm even tossing up about en EP3r or F2NR now as the price is not mch more and you get a damn nice interior

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    euro is more practical, spacious and has a bit of power and potential, but if u going for a performance hatch, ep3r > fn2r... or even look at a dc5r/dc5s?
    Last edited by aero; 29-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    I've had my FD2 for nearly a month now and loving every second of driving it. For the price you're paying, you won't find any other car in the market of around that year that is equipped with all the features of the FD2 as mentioned by FDPete. The only drawback for me would have to be the often too quiet engine but if you shift it into sports/paddle shift mode, that brings the engine to life. Overall, its a solid all rounder of a car that surely would not disappoint

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    I went from a 2000 RWD mx5 to a civic 08 fd2. Both manual. IMO I love the civic and it's power but handling wise, it's not as where I'd hope it was. The civic has a slight delay when you press the pedal, so it basically makes double clutching useless. I've heard it can be fixed with a throttle controller. Overall, the interior is nice and the 08 models have the option to turn traction control on and off. Fuel consumption is great!!! Unless you keep it in high revs, but that's the same story for most cars. It is a fun car to play around with if kept at high revs. Haven't had any problems with mine yet! (:
    StanceSlutz

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    IMO the civic sports isn't a sports car at all.

It's got horrible throttle lag which is really annoying and not enough power

but then again add some sway bars and coils and u have yourself an awesome handling car
    Last edited by curtis265; 06-10-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    ^^ truer words have never been spoken.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.