Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 07

91 eg B18c2 with a b16a gearbox issue!!

Hey ive had my car for almost a month and the changing gears from 2-3 crunch. Also just last night i was on the m4 when gear 5 popped out 3 times and i had to hold it in. i could even feel the knob trying to pop out again. i was wondering what could be the issue and if i should rebuild the gearbox and ways to strengthen the gears?

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Your synchro's are cactus by the sounds of it.

You have two options.

You can get yourself some of THIS. This Redeline MTL has a reputation of eliminating 'crunches' in between gearshifts. From what i've read, it's some good stuff. However, this is only a temporary solution. It will not fix your synchros, it will only cover up the problem.

Alternatively

You will have to remove the gearbox from your car and have the 2nd-3rd synchros replaced and by the sounds of it, 4th-5th aswell. This is a costly excercise, but atleast you will have actually fixed the problem, and you'll have piece of mind that you've got brand new parts in your 'box. You can get ktis like this here. You may aswell replace them all while you have the gearbox out.

Last edited by Vvvtec; 03-10-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Any update with this?
    part time potato