Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How to get Ipod/Aux and Bluetooth in your 2004 Euro

I bought a 2004 Euro a few years back. It's a great car, but the lack of Aux input always pissed me off - especially since my wife has an Iphone, and I have an Android phone.

I finally got around to doing something about it:

My car now has an iPod/iPhone dock connector (yes, the steering wheel controls work), as well as Aux in and Bluetooth audio for my phone (no steering wheel controls).

Here are the components I used:

1. GROM Ipod/AUX box. I bought it last year - looks like they have a new model with optional bluetooth and USB. http://www.gromaudio.com/store/all-hon1.html

2. Bluetooth Receiver from DealExreme. This is powered using a USB charger, and plugged into the GROM Aux input. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-re...receiver-67666

3. Dual USB Charger from DealExtreme. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/car-cig...k-dc-12v-65855

4. 12 volt outlet (for USB charger), cable, and cable connectors, from Jaycar.

5. Mountek CD slot phone mount. http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-MT5000.../ref=pd_sim_e4

The install is hidden inside the storage bin. The two cables plugged into the charger in the photo are the power cable for the bluetooth receiver, and the phone charge cable. I have the phone charge cable coming out from under the dash and clipped to the phone holder.

I hope someone finds this post helpful

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Nice work man!

I had an XCARLINK + bluetooth unit in my car and it was awesome. I could charge my phone and chat to people over bluetooth, it was fantastic. I mounted mine in a similar area.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    Looks a lot better than my set up. I got a Parrot MKi9100 installed in my car and those cables (3.5mm, Apple dock connector and USB) and hanging inside the CD box. Good you can use the steering wheel controls as well. But I wonder if the radio will cut off when a call comes in?

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    Nice work man!

I had an XCARLINK + bluetooth unit in my car and it was awesome. I could charge my phone and chat to people over bluetooth, it was fantastic. I mounted mine in a similar area.
    you got more details on the unit?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    It should be on xcarlink.co.uk. It's designed for our cars. The best part was changing the track with the steering wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Massive thread on here

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    are these easy to install? i just got a 07 model and the bitch has no mp3 usb ipod... O_o....
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Piss easy. Bit harder if you have the navigation but still not hard work

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    Might just do this whilst I save up for a mad ass ICE system...

I haven't used CDs for the last 4 years...
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    If your euro has boot rattle I will be very disappointed

Looks great! What do you think of the GROM unit? Got one for a mate earlier in the year and he's had to bring it back twice to fix something although the second time I think it was just the AUX cable playing up. First time was definitely the unit... Considering getting one for myself. He mentioned the audio quality over bluetooth isnt the greatest compared to regular AUX, but his was the new model you mentioned where the bluetooth plugged directly into the GROM unit so performance may vary there.

Quick question, did you have to drill or cut anything to run the cables into the centre console? That's pretty much exactly where I wanted to mount mine when/if I got one. Now to decide whether I want bluetooth or not...

Hi!

I find the Grom unit to be ok. Sometimes the track up/down control doesn't work with the iPhone, so I have to use the controls on the iPhone. It doesn't worry me though. Turning the ignition on and off or resetting the iPhone will generally fix it.

With the Android phone, I use the phone controls exclusively, so it doesn't worry me.

I'd consider another brand of Aux/iPod input if I only owned an iPhone.

With the audio quality over bluetooth, it sounded bad the first time I tried it. I discovered that if the volume on the phone is up near the maximum, it kills the sound quality. If I leave the volume at about halfway, and turn the stereo up more, the sound quality is fine.

I had to drill a hole in the back of the storage bin to run the cables in/out. The hole is big enough to push a micro usb connector through. I put a rubber grommit around the edge of the hole to keep it looking professional. I secured the cables in place with adhesive cable ties.

I really like having bluetooth, I think it is worth it. I have my phone set up so that when I get an incoming call, the music stops and the call is routed over the phone's speaker - so I can use it in handsfree mode. The music automatically resumes when I hang up.