Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

[CL9] Audio Upgrades

Few things I would like to get info for.. if you guys could help.
    I plan on getting an XCARLINK for my CL9 ( 05 Lux) soon, but im not sure which one or where.. I tried googling but I keep finding different things, could someone please link me to it?

Also, I'm planning on upgrading the front splits and rear speakers (with 6x9's) with JL Audio and wiring to an amp (JL). Now I know the car already has Bose speakers stock, just curious, will the JL Audio make a significant difference in sound quality/loudness?
    Cos it'll set me back like 900 including install so I wanna make sure it's worth it lol

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    - dont pay for install DIY (Y)
    - this guy is selling a cheap xcarlink
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...eaders-Ingalls

-you could get it from ebay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xcarlink-...item415d8c428d

im running on stock speakers and i think all they needed was that extra bass so i got a sub and amp was enough for me
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I would suggest some decent splits for the front some 6" for the rear doors and a sub all running on 2 amps one monoblock one 4 channel. would suggest a new headunit as opposed to a low output converter on stock headunit.

the reason I suggest 6" for the doors I got 6x9 and get some pretty insane parcel tray rattle and 6x9s are made redundant with a sub any way.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Thanks Deific!
    Oh really? See, im really happy with overall bass/sound quality. All I really want though.. is just make it louder haha :P Like, LOUD. I usually have it on 25-33 when I drive, and I feel its pretty loud, but yeah want it even louder haha.

Yeah marquee I noticed that as well, the stock system gives you a fair bit of rattle, but im not sure if that's just my speakers blown or just how it is.. I don't think im gonna change the rear door speakers just yet though, just the front ones, and the rear ones. Not 100% sure about a sub though, because I do plan on selling the car later down the track... and just not sure about a sub. And definitely not gonna put in a new headunit..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    There are no speakers in your doors

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    There are no speakers in your doors
    None in the rear doors
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I swear my car has speakers in the rear doors, ill take pics if you want

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    also.. is xcarlink better? or Icelink?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by afgmoh View Post
    did u buy your car second hand? maybe the previous owner put in aftermarket splits in the rear doors?! cause from what i know from previous threads im pretty sure that they dont come with speakers in the rear doors.

also.. is xcarlink better? or Icelink?
    a lot of people have xcarlink so seems to be the more popular option, never heard of icelink..
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I thought I did too. Put your hand on it while playing music not much vibration... The places for it just no speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    Mine does have rear door speakers straight from the factory.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Im running pretty much the exact Set up (Jl Audio) that your thinking about getting. i have front splits running off a 4 channel amp, with a jl sub and a jl monoblock amp. currently ive disconnected my stock 6x9's and one thing for sure is tht this setup completely blows the stock system out of the water in terms of clarity (which is what you should be looking for when u upgrade your system unles ur a fully sick cuz type of guy that wants max bass)
    i would definately recommend JL setups bcause the difference in performance is amazing.